CH340 Driver for USB connectivity Downloads

Discuss all things diode hobby lasers. Project settings, materials, hardware, tips & tricks, etc.
LAHobbyGuy
Laser Yoda
Laser Yoda
Reactions:
Your Specific Hobby: Laser Engraver

CH340 Driver for USB connectivity Downloads

Post by LAHobbyGuy »

The CH340 chip is used by a number of Arduino compatible boards including most laser engravers to provide USB connectivity.
Here are the direct downloads to the latest drivers:

Windows:
1) Download the Windows CH340 Driver
2) Unzip the file
3) Run the installer inside the folder you just unzipped
When the CH340 is connected you will see a new COM Port in the Device Manager --> Com Port menu, called CH340. The COM number for your device may vary depending on your system and will change depending on which USB port you plug into.

Mac:
The following GitHub has up to date pkg files for 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5 thanks to Joshua Wallis.
V1.5 CH340 MaxOS Driver Pkg
V1.4 CH340 MacOS Driver Pkg
V1.3 CH340 MacOS Driver Pkg

Linux:
Drivers are already built into your Linux kernel and it will work as soon as you plug it in. If not you can download the Linux CH340 Driver, but just upgrading your Linux install so that you get the built in one is recommended.

Rich

EDIT 6-1-2023 KNIGHTRID -

Thanx to user CrashFF00 (did not put their name in the signature) here is the main site for the drivers - The Manufacturer's website is found at http://wch-ic.com Press the Magnifying Glass and search for CH340, and it'll pull up everything or click here - http://wch-ic.com/search?t=all&q=ch340
inspire.. create.. learn.. teach.. help someone today... Subscribe to my YouTube Channel, The Louisiana Hobby Guy!
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME OR EMAIL THE ADMIN! THIS FORUM WAS DESIGNED TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS!
➡️ New Here? Main Forums --> Start Here --> Everyone Please Read
olivialewis
Jr Member
Jr Member
Reactions:

Re: CH340 Driver for USB connectivity Downloads

Post by olivialewis »

A USB to TTL (serial) converter is the CH340. This chip has also been utilized in a few boards, including ESP8266 and non-original Arduino boards. The CH340 chip-equipped boards may be accessed and programmed without the aid of a programmer. However, there is a drawback. Before using boards with this IC, an additional driver must be installed. To install the CH340 driver download it from the internet. Open the driver after downloading it, then click Install. You ought to get this message following a successful installation. If your driver has been successfully installed and your board is connected to a computer, the Port section will display the name and port number of your board. Launch the Arduino IDE application. Select the right port number for the port your board is linked to from the Port section of the Tools menu by going to the Tools menu. You may upload a previously created piece of code to your board to be sure.
Wyked
Laserologist
Laserologist
Reactions:

Post by Wyked »

I found the easiest way was to install LaserGRBL and install the driver from there, then close LaserGRBL (uninstall if not wanted as backup) and use LB.
Atomstack P7 M40-Dead and Atomstack A5 M50 Pro+ replaced module with M100 (Extension Kit, Air Assist and R3 & Chuck Roller), K40 Co2
Also 3D Printer and CNCs 3018, Foxalien Masuter Pro 4040.
Housed in "The Laser Lair"
Eternal Learner.
Orsknocker
Jr Member
Jr Member
Reactions:

Post by Orsknocker »

Anyone know if MacOS needs a driver? I can not get my mac to see my Longer Ray5 at all. Connects fine to my wifes PC which I have been using for now.
LAHobbyGuy
Laser Yoda
Laser Yoda
Reactions:

Post by LAHobbyGuy »

Orsknocker wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:48 pm Anyone know if MacOS needs a driver? I can not get my mac to see my Longer Ray5 at all. Connects fine to my wifes PC which I have been using for now.
The Mac driver link is in the original post above. All computers need the virtual device driver.

Rich
inspire.. create.. learn.. teach.. help someone today... Subscribe to my YouTube Channel, The Louisiana Hobby Guy!
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME OR EMAIL THE ADMIN! THIS FORUM WAS DESIGNED TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS!
LAHobbyGuy
Laser Yoda
Laser Yoda
Reactions:

Post by LAHobbyGuy »

Wyked wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:33 am I found the easiest way was to install LaserGRBL and install the driver from there, then close LaserGRBL (uninstall if not wanted as backup) and use LB.
I posted direct download links above. It doesn't get any easier than that.

Rich
Wyked
Laserologist
Laserologist
Reactions:

Post by Wyked »

LAHobbyGuy wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:42 am
I posted direct download links above.

Rich
True, but what it doesn't say is how to correctly install the driver ( a lot of people don't ) what I posted was a way to get it installed correctly.
Atomstack P7 M40-Dead and Atomstack A5 M50 Pro+ replaced module with M100 (Extension Kit, Air Assist and R3 & Chuck Roller), K40 Co2
Also 3D Printer and CNCs 3018, Foxalien Masuter Pro 4040.
Housed in "The Laser Lair"
Eternal Learner.
RobinNC
Reactions:

Post by RobinNC »

olivialewis wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:14 am A USB to TTL (serial) converter is the CH340. This chip has also been utilized in a few boards, including ESP8266 and non-original Arduino boards. The CH340 chip-equipped boards may be accessed and programmed without the aid of a programmer. However, there is a drawback. Before using boards with this IC, an additional driver must be installed. To install the CH340 driver download it from the internet. Open the driver after downloading it, then click Install. You ought to get this message following a successful installation. If your driver has been successfully installed and your board is connected to a computer, the Port section will display the name and port number of your board. Launch the Arduino IDE application. Select the right port number for the port your board is linked to from the Port section of the Tools menu by going to the Tools menu. You may upload a previously created piece of code to your board to be sure.
This literally made my head hurt worse. What message should you get? Why does it sound like I need to take my newly wiped laptop back to the shop to have them install a driver? This should not be this hard.
LAHobbyGuy
Laser Yoda
Laser Yoda
Reactions:

Post by LAHobbyGuy »

RobinNC wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:49 pm This literally made my head hurt worse. What message should you get? Why does it sound like I need to take my newly wiped laptop back to the shop to have them install a driver? This should not be this hard.
I posted a direct download to the executable file. If you're on Windows, you just download it and double click it and install it like any other program. If you're on a Mac, pretty much exactly the same. I don't know why this is so confusing, or why there are so many replies with confusing info.

Rich
RobinNC
Reactions:

Post by RobinNC »

Wyked wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:00 am
LAHobbyGuy wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:42 am
I posted direct download links above.

Rich
True, but what it doesn't say is how to correctly install the driver ( a lot of people don't ) what I posted was a way to get it installed correctly.
I found that if you actually read the instructions when you receive the Install Failed it will tell you exactly what the issue is. For me I had to move the link to the folder with the rest of the dll files. Sometimes stepping away to take a really deep breath and then come back will clear the haze of irritation.

Instead of reinventing the wheel stop and pay attention. Something I will engrave as soon as I find out if I have configured the Longer Ray5 correctly. :)
3-7 Day Fast Delivery to US from Banggood US Warehouse