*LASER SAFETY WARNINGS*

Discuss all things diode hobby lasers. Project settings, materials, hardware, tips & tricks, etc.
oldfart
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Re: *LASER SAFETY WARNINGS*

Post by oldfart »

grate safety stuff
CJohn
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by CJohn »

Hi new here here, thanks for having a great forum and Youtube channel. I have technical background and have a lot of experience with robotics but none with lasers. I'm am curious about everything so I can't help but wonder about the eye danger from lasers. Is there a hazard from looking at the spot where the laser is burning or is it mostly from possible reflection of the beam itself. I know that you don't want to arc weld metals without eye protection and I feel like possibly we have the same type of danger from looking at the spot the laser is burning also, even if it is just wood. Sorry if this has already been answered, just got a D1 pro and haven't done a lot of research on this. Thanks!
WDNick
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by WDNick »

Hi Rich,
Are the glasses you recommend on above suitable for the Atezr P20? It has a 455nm laser, but those list a bnch of wavelength other than 455 specifically.
My P20 arrives tomorrow. Thanks for helping me spend my money!
Doug
somewhereinusa
Laserologist
Laserologist
Reactions:

Post by somewhereinusa »

Any thoughts on one of these mounted inside my enclosure?

Fire extinguisher ball
My name is Dick, xtool D1 10W and IR, now with Devil 1 and Z axis probe. Design in Affinity Designer. Just getting started, really new.
alredneck
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by alredneck »

Rich,
Just got my Ortur Laser Master 3 and thank goodness I read this on laser safety. I looked at the ANSI marking on the glasses that came with it and they are Z87.1 That is Safety Glasses, not Laser. No telling how many people’s eyesight has been damaged from using these. Thank you for this.
deedeemacaw
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by deedeemacaw »

Laserius wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:34 pm
newuser wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:56 pm Thank you for the reply...Is it not 190nm-550nm and 800nm-1100nm? so would include 450nm?

The link works to show the item but you can't buy them. I'm in Canada so trying to get from the .ca site. Much appreciated!
Out of curiosity, I looked and found the glasses available on the .ca site - BUT they are charging 3X as much as in the U. S. A. !

Will Amazon ship to Canada from the US site ?
They will. I work for Amazon, but a lot depends on the seller and where in the US it's coming from. If you go to Amazon.com and have your address selected, the item shouldn't show up unless it's available to ship to you. You also might run into extra fees, customs, etc. Probably easiest if you know someone in US that could get them and ship to you, but not sure how much that would be either. Hope that helps.
3-7 Day Fast Delivery to US from Banggood US Warehouse