Woodworking, including projects for laser engraving such as frames
rebeltaz
Laserologist
Laserologist
Reactions:

Re: Dollar Tree Cutting Boards, etc. Promo Code SPOOKY

Post by rebeltaz »

KnightRid wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:47 am
I bought a couple cases of them and think they would make nice decoration, trivets or for a cheese cutting board with wine. They are small but with the low price they are fun to experiment on without wasting a $20 board :)

No they are not fancy things but just flat pieces of wood for $1.25.
I know that this is an old post, but you don't happen to have one of these laying around that you could show me a photo of with something for scale, do you? I'm considering buying a case, but I want to be sure it'll work...
The name is RebelTaz. Been building and using 3d printers and cnc machines for years, but new to laser cutters/engravers. Thanks for having me!
---
Laser: Atomstack A5 Pro based befon 5.5 watt -and- Ortur LaserMaster 2 5.5 watt -and- Atomstack m100 based EnjoyWood E20 20 watt 3D Printers: Tevo Tarantula -and- Elegoo Mars 2 -and- Halot Lite CNC: generic 2418 Vinyl Cutter: modified Cricut Cake
KnightRid
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Reactions:

Post by KnightRid »

rebeltaz wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:58 pm
I bought a couple cases of them and think they would make nice decoration, trivets or for a cheese cutting board with wine. They are small but with the low price they are fun to experiment on without wasting a $20 board :)

I know that this is an old post, but you don't happen to have one of these laying around that you could show me a photo of with something for scale, do you? I'm considering buying a case, but I want to be sure it'll work...
They are 8.5" x 5.75" The black piece is my Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 tablet. I didnt have any bananas - if you need something else next to it just let me know what item(s) would be best for you.
CuttingBoardDimension.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hi my name is Mike and I use a Roly Automation LaserMATIC10 and a Creality Falcon 10w diode laser.
Hobby Forums --> Start Here -- Everyone Please Read
rebeltaz
Laserologist
Laserologist
Reactions:

Post by rebeltaz »

KnightRid wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:31 am
rebeltaz wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:58 pm

They are 8.5" x 5.75" The black piece is my Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 tablet. I didnt have any bananas - if you need something else next to it just let me know what item(s) would be best for you.
lol... no bananas needed. That's great. I appreciate that. It looks like I can use those. Thanks!
The name is RebelTaz. Been building and using 3d printers and cnc machines for years, but new to laser cutters/engravers. Thanks for having me!
---
Laser: Atomstack A5 Pro based befon 5.5 watt -and- Ortur LaserMaster 2 5.5 watt -and- Atomstack m100 based EnjoyWood E20 20 watt 3D Printers: Tevo Tarantula -and- Elegoo Mars 2 -and- Halot Lite CNC: generic 2418 Vinyl Cutter: modified Cricut Cake
wgollie4348
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Re: Pallet wood -vs- Hobby Lobby

Post by wgollie4348 »

Saycheeze wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:05 am So this woman from work comes up to me, and orders 24 slate coaster with 3 names on them. Christmas gifts I guess. That's great. When I order 8 from Amazon, a metal stand comes with them.
https://www.amazon.com/Drink-Coaster-Ho ... p_d_rp_1_t

Great. So I figure, heck man. I have free access to all the 5x7 blocks of pine I want here at the plant. They're cut offs from our lumber operation here. We burn 'em. I take one to my band saw and make a couple of slices. I run those through my planer. Now I have to do some light sanding. Now I have to glue them up.

Then I remember this.

https://coasterholders.com/product-cate ... r-holders/

I can't make them for this price. DUH ?????

So I may make a couple so I can engrave on them for giggles, but heck, why spend all this time on them when I can snatch them up for 2.00 a stand?
If someone wants you to do coasters, have them buy the coasters give them to you for etching, charge them for the etching. That way at least you could make pocket change at no expense(out of pocket).
3-7 Day Fast Delivery to US from Banggood US Warehouse