CH340 Driver for USB connectivity Downloads

Discuss all things diode hobby lasers. Project settings, materials, hardware, tips & tricks, etc.
RobinNC
Reactions:

Re: CH340 Driver for USB connectivity Downloads

Post by RobinNC »

LAHobbyGuy wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:40 pm
RobinNC wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:49 pm This literally made my head hurt worse. What message should you get? Why does it sound like I need to take my newly wiped laptop back to the shop to have them install a driver? This should not be this hard.
I posted a direct download to the executable file. If you're on Windows, you just download it and double click it and install it like any other program. If you're on a Mac, pretty much exactly the same. I don't know why this is so confusing, or why there are so many replies with confusing info.

Rich
Rich... It's the aggravation, irritation, missing drives and plain old fashioned missing what is right in front of my face. I could make an excuse and blame the issues from the other laser but it is plain and simple NOT PAYING ATTENTION. And I did have to recover a couple of drives but yes, it should have been simple.
edcross
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by edcross »

I have installed that driver many times , something is not right on this PC. Works fine on my pc with win 7 .

Thanks for your help

Ed
Ohiokiwi
Jr Member
Jr Member
Reactions:

Post by Ohiokiwi »

edcross wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:50 am I have installed that driver many times , something is not right on this PC. Works fine on my pc with win 7 .

Thanks for your help

Ed
Ed,
Is this a Windows 10S machine? S for Microsoft Security, aka crippled.
My name is Shane. I am the proud owner of an Ortur LM3. My main hobby is Woodworking and for the winter laser engraving/cutting.
Trailerparkboy
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by Trailerparkboy »

Wyked wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:33 am I found the easiest way was to install LaserGRBL and install the driver from there, then close LaserGRBL (uninstall if not wanted as backup) and use LB.
Hello! I am a laser newbie but have experience in digital print/graphics industry. I have an entry level Latitool F50 5 watt laser and Lightburn nor LaserGRBL recognize the machine. I am using one of the generic machine settings in LaserGRBL and have been doing OK and making items but I'm wondering what may be lost in the translation; and I really want to use Lightburn. Any ideas or advice?

THANKS!

Steve
Wyked
Laserologist
Laserologist
Reactions:

Post by Wyked »

Trailerparkboy wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:08 am I really want to use Lightburn. Any ideas or advice?
Install it manually, a lot of lasers are not auto-detected. Grbly, work area, give it a name and save. you should be good to go.
Atomstack P7 M40-Dead and Atomstack A5 M50 Pro+ replaced module with M100 (Extension Kit, Air Assist and R3 & Chuck Roller), K40 Co2
Also 3D Printer and CNCs 3018, Foxalien Masuter Pro 4040.
Housed in "The Laser Lair"
Eternal Learner.
Mainefisher
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by Mainefisher »

Sadly CH340 will not load on my "good" laptop. Says it is incompatible. Having to use an antique laptop using windows 10 and is slow. But, once running, Lightburn works great. Just having to use good laptop to utilize Inkscape etc. Otherwise it is a slow drawn out affair. :lol:
WillV
Laserologist
Laserologist
Reactions:

Post by WillV »

Mainefisher wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:06 pm Sadly CH340 will not load on my "good" laptop. Says it is incompatible. Having to use an antique laptop using windows 10 and is slow. But, once running, Lightburn works great. Just having to use good laptop to utilize Inkscape etc. Otherwise it is a slow drawn out affair. :lol:
Are you sure? This driver has compatibility all the way back to Windows 7 (or earlier?)

Hard to say without know more about your computer specs. Can you capture a warning or error window and post it here?

I mention this because I'm using a 12 year old laptop with Win10 and Lightburn runs great.
Will.
Laser: Atomstack A5 M50. 5.5w. - Ortur YRC1.0
3D Printing: Prusa i3 MK3S+
MacBook Pro (Ventura 13.1) - Asus Laptop (Windows10)

inspire, create, learn, teach
Mainefisher
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by Mainefisher »

WillV wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:34 pm
Mainefisher wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:06 pm Sadly CH340 will not load on my "good" laptop. Says it is incompatible. Having to use an antique laptop using windows 10 and is slow. But, once running, Lightburn works great. Just having to use good laptop to utilize Inkscape etc. Otherwise it is a slow drawn out affair. :lol:
Are you sure? This driver has compatibility all the way back to Windows 7 (or earlier?)

Perhaps you need to run the 32 bit version. Hard to say without know more about your computer specs.
64 bit system. Tried older downloads as well as current. I think it is just the chips etc that are not allowing it. Apparently no serial connection possible with what is on board my newer laptop.
The older laptop works fine. It is the newer one that does not allow CH340. Did try manually etc. But says incompatible.
KnightRid
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Reactions:

Post by KnightRid »

Mainefisher wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:50 pm 64 bit system. Tried older downloads as well as current. I think it is just the chips etc that are not allowing it. Apparently no serial connection possible with what is on board my newer laptop.
The older laptop works fine. It is the newer one that does not allow CH340. Did try manually etc. But says incompatible.
https://www.minitool.com/data-recovery/ ... ivers.html

Also make sure to run as ADMIN when you are installing. (right click, run as administrator)
Hi my name is Mike and I use a Roly Automation LaserMATIC10 and a Creality Falcon 10w diode laser.
Hobby Forums --> Start Here -- Everyone Please Read
CrashFF00
Jr Member
Jr Member
Reactions:

Post by CrashFF00 »

The CH340 chipset is manufactured by a company called WCH-IC. There are about a dozen different chips in the series that all use the same driver, with A-H revisions.
The current drivers and debugging software(!) are available direct from the manufacturer, with current drivers available for windows (v3.8, updated 2023-03-16) AND mac (v1.8, updated 2022-05-13) that are sometimes YEARS newer than what laser manufacturers provide with their product. (My Comgrow came with a driver from 2011)

The Manufacturer's website is found at wch-ic.com Press the Magnifying Glass and search for CH340, and it'll pull up everything.

EDIT: I was able to test the 3.8 drivers in Windows 11 on my HP Probook 450 G8 laptop, and it did function for me. I'm currently running the 3.8 drivers on Win10Pro x64, on an HP ProDesk 705 Mini (AMD A6-8500B R5 APU with 16GB ram)
Comgrow Z1 10w (Rev B?), v2.1 FW, v1.2 HW with Wifi Adapter - LOTS of additions to make!
3-7 Day Fast Delivery to US from Banggood US Warehouse