Raycus RFL-P30QS 30w laser user settings ?

Are you into engraving metals? This forum is specifically for Fiber Lasers.
Hardware
Jr Member
Jr Member
Reactions:

Raycus RFL-P30QS 30w laser user settings ?

Post by Hardware »

I looked up the specs from Raycus, and frequency is pulse rep rate 40-60khz for the 30w model. Power rating is rated at .75mj@40khz, so that is where you will get the most power. You see people setting config settings 20-80khz. Will the laser really output that range? The power output tuneability from Raycus is 10-100% 0-100% is referenced in another section so not sure why they put 10-100%, the pulse width is 130-160ns @40khz. Will the pulse width really vary?

I guess I need to test the frequency range, power range, and pulse duration to see what difference it makes using MFG specs.
I will post results when done.
If anyone has more info on actual operating specs it would be appreciated if they could post it.

From Raycus Manual
Starting procedures

a)Please make sure the control system is on before you turn on the fiber laser. Only after
at least 1 minute since the power turned on, the subsequent operations can be preceded.

b)Frequency set introductions
For model P20QS, the frequency setting range is from 30KHz to 60KHz.
For model P30QS, the frequency setting range is from 40KHz to 60KHz.

c)Laser marking checking
For the device initial testing, first urn the power down to zero without turning on the
marking system after the device is successfully started. Then draw a quad rate, marking
continuously while slowly increasing the power from zero to 100% at the same time.
Meanwhile, use a ceramic material to observe the laser and the laser should become
stronger, otherwise shut down the device and check. If operating normally, the
marking system can be used in common order afterwards.

Cautions
a)Marking frequency must be in the range of30~60 KHz for P20QS, 40~60 KHz for P30QS.
b)It should not modulate the frequency while marking. Stop marking first before shutting down the device, then turn the power down to zero
and cut the power of.
My name is James, I use a Raycus 30W and a NEJE2plus 10w output. Started 2 yrs ago.
LAHobbyGuy
Laser Yoda
Laser Yoda
Reactions:
Your Specific Hobby: Laser Engraver

Re: Raycus RFL-P30QS 30w laser user settings ?

Post by LAHobbyGuy »

That's strange, because my Raycus source fiber lasers have a range of 0-100% Power and 20-100 kHz.
inspire.. create.. learn.. teach.. help someone today... Subscribe to my YouTube Channel, The Louisiana Hobby Guy!
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME OR EMAIL THE ADMIN! THIS FORUM WAS DESIGNED TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS!
➡️ New Here? Main Forums --> Start Here --> Everyone Please Read
Hardware
Jr Member
Jr Member
Reactions:

Post by Hardware »

Nice!!
But if Raycus makes it I can't find those specs for the RFL-P20QS or 30QS from Raycus. Monoport says that in the manual, but Raycus makes the laser and has different info.
My name is James, I use a Raycus 30W and a NEJE2plus 10w output. Started 2 yrs ago.
Hardware
Jr Member
Jr Member
Reactions:

Post by Hardware »

michvhf
Laser Master
Laser Master
Reactions:

Post by michvhf »

Raycus sources have been getting larger and larger frequency ranges. The older ones were more limited, what Rich has is more common now but I've heard of some new Raycus sources coming out that are MOPA. Haven't heard any more details as to when or what the range will be.
Vince - aka Vinny aka Vince Nobucks
LightBurn, Omtech 40W CO2 (not the stock controller), Aufero with LaserTree 80 watt (10 optical) laser, 30 Watt MOPA from LasersOnly.
Hardware
Jr Member
Jr Member
Reactions:

Post by Hardware »

more range would be nice, but current cloudray raycus units have the specs listed from raycus
here are the cloudray units which have raycus fiber sources
AussieMark
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by AussieMark »

Hi Guys,
I just bought my first laser. Its a 30w Raycus fibre laser and when the tech guy set it up for me with the factory preset settings including all the offsets etc had it listed with a range of 20kHz-200kHz. So I tried some test squares and it worked all the way from 20 to 200. He was surprised as his laser from their previous suppliers only had a range from 20kHz - 80kHz.I bought it mainly to engrave part numbers and my company logo on parts I machine on my cnc's. Depending on the supplier I would double check output manually by doing test squares. You may find if it is their latest model, it may have more grunt
Hi! My name is Mark and in my toy shed I have 30w Fibre Laser, 3d printer, cnc machining centre, cnc lathe and a bunch of other stuff. New to this laser thing so looking forward to burning holes in a bunch of stuff :lol:
Hardware
Jr Member
Jr Member
Reactions:

Post by Hardware »

Nice!!!
3-7 Day Fast Delivery to US from Banggood US Warehouse