All 3D Printers and software posts
Davzab
Laser Master
Laser Master
Reactions:

Re: Sealing engraved cutting board

Post by Davzab »

LAHobbyGuy wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:12 pm
Garysfirstlaser wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:37 pm Question!
I bought the original Bee's Wax (natural) bee's wax spray). Would that be safe to use on cutting boards?
I wouldn't want to put something on them that could make them sick.
Gary
If it's 100% natural, it's good. I doubt it is though, because beeswax is a solid; I've never seen a liquid. My comes like little rocks in a bag and I cook them with cutting board oil in a crockpot. After I pour the mixture into the tin cans it hardens back up.

Rich
Rich, what is the ratio of oil to beeswax
DaveZ
I have a NEJE 2S converted to a N40630 and a NEJE 2S plus converted to A40640. I use light burn to control both. I just added Anycubic Kobra 3D printer, now I have to learn something new :P
Dave Z
LAHobbyGuy
Laser Yoda
Laser Yoda
Reactions:
Your Specific Hobby: Laser Engraver

Post by LAHobbyGuy »

I use a 2lb bag of bees wax chips with a 16oz bottle of oil.

Rich
inspire.. create.. learn.. teach.. help someone today... Subscribe to my YouTube Channel, The Louisiana Hobby Guy!
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME OR EMAIL THE ADMIN! THIS FORUM WAS DESIGNED TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS!
➡️ New Here? Main Forums --> Start Here --> Everyone Please Read
FASTFJR
Reactions:

Post by FASTFJR »

kyolica wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:25 am Hi,
Atom-stack.com has a customer who would like his logo engraved on a large cutting board for his grilling efforts. I informed him that cutting and/or any raw meats on the engraved side is a bad idea, but he really wants to make sure his logo is present on the engraved side of the board.
Is there anything that can be done to ensure the board is properly sealed on the engraved side to make sure the board is hygienic enough to handle raw / cooked meats without it seeping into the wood and possible causing cross contamination?
I know there are food safe resins but will they hold up to knife usage?
Thank you in advance.
I've been using this food grade mineral oil for years on cutting boards without any issues.... https://amzn.to/3NcuRsx
Roly Lasermatic 10
3-7 Day Fast Delivery to US from Banggood US Warehouse