Multiple machines on usb hub

The best laser software, period! All things Lightburn, including training.
mrcreativesolutionsllc
Jr Member
Jr Member
Reactions:

Multiple machines on usb hub

Post by mrcreativesolutionsllc »

I run my k40 and diode laser off a USB hub (limited ports on laptop). If Im running a project (in lightburn) off one machine and want switch to another will that interrupt the running project?
Creality Falcon 10w diode
Monport K40 CO2
Monport 30w Fiber
Omtech 60w CO2
KnightRid
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Reactions:

Re: Multiple machines on usb hub

Post by KnightRid »

It should not AS LONG AS you have ample bandwidth to handle all the traffic on the USB port. To put it simply, if you have 1 3.0 usb port on your computer and you run a POWERED hub (always get powered!!!) that has 10 more usb 3.0 you can't send data from all 10 3.0 hub ports through the one computer usb port as it just cant handle it. I hope that makes it clearer. I suck at explaining things.
Hi my name is Mike and I use a Roly Automation LaserMATIC10 and a Creality Falcon 10w diode laser.
Hobby Forums --> Start Here -- Everyone Please Read
mrcreativesolutionsllc
Jr Member
Jr Member
Reactions:

Post by mrcreativesolutionsllc »

KnightRid wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:46 pm It should not AS LONG AS you have ample bandwidth to handle all the traffic on the USB port. To put it simply, if you have 1 3.0 usb port on your computer and you run a POWERED hub (always get powered!!!) that has 10 more usb 3.0 you can't send data from all 10 3.0 hub ports through the one computer usb port as it just cant handle it. I hope that makes it clearer. I suck at explaining things.
I think I get what you are saying. Cant run all 10 ports at same time if there isnt enough power to handle it. Im running a non powered 4pt usb3 hub with only two machines on it. Ill gibe it a shot with a scrap project and post my findings.

By the way: smoking a padron maduro while working. Good to see brothers of the leaf on here too.
Creality Falcon 10w diode
Monport K40 CO2
Monport 30w Fiber
Omtech 60w CO2
WillV
Laserologist
Laserologist
Reactions:

Post by WillV »

mrcreativesolutionsllc wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:57 pm By the way: smoking a padron maduro while working. Good to see brothers of the leaf on here too.
noice
Will.
Laser: Atomstack A5 M50. 5.5w. - Ortur YRC1.0
3D Printing: Prusa i3 MK3S+
MacBook Pro (Ventura 13.1) - Asus Laptop (Windows10)

inspire, create, learn, teach
MacDoktor
Laserologist
Laserologist
Reactions:

Post by MacDoktor »

mrcreativesolutionsllc wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:57 pmBy the way: smoking a padron maduro while working. Good to see brothers of the leaf on here too.
The smoke makes it easer to see laser beams. :shock:

BTW, what kind of leaf are we talking about? 🤔
MacDoktor, KA4HJHRoly LaserMATIC10 — 27" Late 2013 iMac with macOS 10.14 Mojave — LightBurn :ugeek:

Some of my Diode and HeNe laser collection is on my blog: Laser Stuff. The best of my brief love affair with solar photography is here: Sunspots!
KnightRid
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Reactions:

Post by KnightRid »

mrcreativesolutionsllc wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:57 pm
KnightRid wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:46 pm It should not AS LONG AS you have ample bandwidth to handle all the traffic on the USB port. To put it simply, if you have 1 3.0 usb port on your computer and you run a POWERED hub (always get powered!!!) that has 10 more usb 3.0 you can't send data from all 10 3.0 hub ports through the one computer usb port as it just cant handle it. I hope that makes it clearer. I suck at explaining things.
I think I get what you are saying. Cant run all 10 ports at same time if there isnt enough power to handle it. Im running a non powered 4pt usb3 hub with only two machines on it. Ill gibe it a shot with a scrap project and post my findings.

By the way: smoking a padron maduro while working. Good to see brothers of the leaf on here too.
Yes exactly. Non-powered hubs cause problems when devices try to use too much power and the computer can't deliver multiple full usb power requirements. I don't think it should be too bad as long as they are not huge files.

I reviewed cigars for years at stogiereview and did a live show stogie411 with my buddy Mike. I took a break but.......might see something more soon ;)
Hi my name is Mike and I use a Roly Automation LaserMATIC10 and a Creality Falcon 10w diode laser.
Hobby Forums --> Start Here -- Everyone Please Read
3-7 Day Fast Delivery to US from Banggood US Warehouse