Monport k40 failed?

This forum is for all C02 Laser topics
Etchlorde
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Monport k40 failed?

Post by Etchlorde »

Help! Middle of a cut and sudden my amp meter is showing zero and I have no laser but the gantry is still chugging along. Where do I start trouble shooting?
Twmaster
Laserologist
Laserologist
Reactions:

Re: Monport k40 failed?

Post by Twmaster »

First check the cover safety switch. If good next check the wiring to the tube.
Mongo
Lasers: Monport K40, Monport 100W just added a 20W Diode machine. Still wet behind the ears
3D printing: 2 Tiertime Up! Box+, Tiertime UP300. 5+ year veteran.
Etchlorde
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by Etchlorde »

Twmaster wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:41 pm First check the cover safety switch. If good next check the wiring to the tube.
Honestly safety switch never worked lol but I did check that it was still failing with the switch opened and closed. I’m not sure what to check for the wiring. Everything seems to be fine and attached as it was I don’t see anything burned or disconnected
Twmaster
Laserologist
Laserologist
Reactions:

Post by Twmaster »

Ok, look at the ammeter. With the door open the top pic should be what you see. When the door is closed the bottom pic is what you should see. Notice "water protection" is 'on' and there should be a laser symbol at the top of the display.
laser1.jpg
laser2.jpg
If you do not see a change in the display you have a door switch issue. If that's not it you should reach out to Monport's customer service.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mongo
Lasers: Monport K40, Monport 100W just added a 20W Diode machine. Still wet behind the ears
Etchlorde
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by Etchlorde »

Both show that they are on and working, though the door switch still affects nothing lol
Open or shut they both show on
Twmaster wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:06 pm Ok, look at the ammeter. With the door open the top pic should be what you see. When the door is closed the bottom pic is what you should see. Notice "water protection" is 'on' and there should be a laser symbol at the top of the display.

laser1.jpg

laser2.jpg

If you do not see a change in the display you have a door switch issue. If that's not it you should reach out to Monport's customer service.
mrcreativesolutionsllc
Jr Member
Jr Member
Reactions:

Post by mrcreativesolutionsllc »

Have you tried checking continuity on the switch with it open and closed? You would need a VOM meter. That might be faster than waiting for email support and it rules out the switch.
Creality Falcon 10w diode
Monport K40 CO2
Monport 30w Fiber
Omtech 60w CO2
cburcheri
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by cburcheri »

Can anyone post a pic of how that adjustable ammeter is connected to the power supply. I have a k40 and just upgraded to the monport grbl board but don't have access to my control panel since the board install.
Twmaster
Laserologist
Laserologist
Reactions:

Post by Twmaster »

cburcheri wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:23 pm Can anyone post a pic of how that adjustable ammeter is connected to the power supply. I have a k40 and just upgraded to the monport grbl board but don't have access to my control panel since the board install.
Sorry for the late reply. Super busy.

If you are referring to the photos I posted above the control module is connected to the power supply via an Ethernet cable with RJ-45 connectors on each end. You will likely have to continue to use your existing meter, control knob and firing switch.

The PSU used with that ammeter/control works with a different power supply. So you'd need to replace the PSU.

I previously asked Monport for the wiring diagram while troubleshooting an issue unfortunately they've been unresponsive. I've also been unable to locate any manuals via multiple searches online.
Mongo
3-7 Day Fast Delivery to US from Banggood US Warehouse