Borax

Discuss all things diode hobby lasers. Project settings, materials, hardware, tips & tricks, etc.
Deltafox
Jr Member
Jr Member
Reactions:

Borax

Post by Deltafox »

Aufero 2 5.5 watt 2500/65 for both pieces. The work MUST be coated (polyurethane or similar) afterward because borax is very sooty.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Louvp57
Reactions:

Re: Borax

Post by Louvp57 »

this guy uses a different method without borax, he defocuses the laser to get a darker burn

Lou, Atomstack A5 Pro+ 5.5 watt
MacDoktor
Laserologist
Laserologist
Reactions:

Post by MacDoktor »

In this video Rich demonstrates how to use defocusing, a higher LPI and line-after-fill to achieve darker engraving:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqRBJFAZOrQ&t=2s

I'm not saying you shouldn't use the borax method but there are other techniques available which may do the job better or at least more easily. Both a higher LPI and outlining look really good to me and they just simply work. YMMV. :geek:
MacDoktor, KA4HJHRoly LaserMATIC10 — 27" Late 2013 iMac with macOS 10.14 Mojave — LightBurn :ugeek:

Some of my Diode and HeNe laser collection is on my blog: Laser Stuff. The best of my brief love affair with solar photography is here: Sunspots!
Deltafox
Jr Member
Jr Member
Reactions:

Post by Deltafox »

Thanks. I'm familiar with this video and have applied it to other projects. It's nice to have options.
3-7 Day Fast Delivery to US from Banggood US Warehouse