Aa cautionary tale (don't do this it's dumb)

Discuss all things diode hobby lasers. Project settings, materials, hardware, tips & tricks, etc.
Grumpguy
Laserologist
Laserologist
Reactions:

Aa cautionary tale (don't do this it's dumb)

Post by Grumpguy »

So I got my new k40 and this enabled me to gut my atomstack m100 for thorough clean and new lens and so forth. This was an upgraded 10w so the limit switches needed extending. I made a pretty nice elegant hack for the left rail switch and the horizontal rail was only 1/4" shy so i glued on a 5mm button. All was well till the button popped off. A little crazy glue gell and prolem solved.... i think.... @%&$@$/ i glued my f ing limit switch shut. Ordered 4 new ones on feb 1st for 20 bucks they arrive in 4 days. Can't use any of my jigs without limit switches so it's been slow frustrating 1 piece at a time. Fortunately just about all the odd pieces, boards, wiring harness' , are all available at a snails pace on aliexpress. Com
My Name is Jeff. I use an Atomstack A10 pro m100 20w module and a monport K40 pro.Doing this about 18 months now.
Tooter
Laserologist
Laserologist
Reactions:

Re: Aa cautionary tale (don't do this it's dumb)

Post by Tooter »

Grumpguy wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:25 am So I got my new k40 and this enabled me to gut my atomstack m100 for thorough clean and new lens and so forth. This was an upgraded 10w so the limit switches needed extending. I made a pretty nice elegant hack for the left rail switch and the horizontal rail was only 1/4" shy so i glued on a 5mm button. All was well till the button popped off. A little crazy glue gell and prolem solved.... i think.... @%&$@$/ i glued my f ing limit switch shut. Ordered 4 new ones on feb 1st for 20 bucks they arrive in 4 days. Can't use any of my jigs without limit switches so it's been slow frustrating 1 piece at a time. Fortunately just about all the odd pieces, boards, wiring harness' , are all available at a snails pace on aliexpress. Com
Grump, almost any limit switch will work. I got a pack from amazon, pack of 10, for a few buck. All you need to do is determine if the original ones are Normally open or Normally closed. $20 and the wait time seem a little excessive. The limit switch is just a method for opening and closing a circuit and it doesn't need to be anything special.
Hi, my name is Matt and I have a Lasermatic MK2 30 watt and I have been working with CNC Rotors and CNC lasers for about 3 years.
cggorman
Laserologist
Laserologist
Reactions:

Post by cggorman »

Electrically, yes. Extremely simple.

Physically? Maybe. Depends on just how much work you're willing to do to retrofit a switch with a different form factor.

These are similar to switches on my two machines. I would need to DL spec sheets with dimensions to verify fit.

They most definitely would not be easy to interchange.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Call me Chris. Always learning.
Ikier K1 Pro (22W), extension kit, cutting bed, & custom air assist
AlgoLaser DIY (5W) w/ Algo air, generic steel honeycomb, & custom drag chains.
Autodesk Inventor, Gimp, & Lightburn on Windows 10.
Wyked
Laserologist
Laserologist
Reactions:

Post by Wyked »

My temp fix when I added the extension kit to my Atomstack A5 and found the pre drilled holes were set up for the original smaller modules not the larger M100 module I just cut a small box frame 20 odd mm wide and high enough to reach the switch from the table top, worked well enough 95% of the time, it did walk occasionally. I eventually found some limit switches that use T-nuts to attach to frame, can't remember if it was Amazon or AliExpress, now they are easily adjustable should I change Modules again.
Atomstack P7 M40-Dead and Atomstack A5 M50 Pro+ replaced module with M100 (Extension Kit, Air Assist and R3 & Chuck Roller), K40 Co2
Also 3D Printer and CNCs 3018, Foxalien Masuter Pro 4040.
Housed in "The Laser Lair"
Eternal Learner.
3-7 Day Fast Delivery to US from Banggood US Warehouse