Advertised Laser cut files----good or stay away?

This forum is for forum software questions and introductions.
Espnman74
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Advertised Laser cut files----good or stay away?

Post by Espnman74 »

Hello all,

I am new to the laser engraving business and I see advertising for several laser engraving and cut files that contain thousands of files. I am looking at Laser Master Pieces which claims to have over 150,000 files for like $70. Im just not sure if this is the best one out there on the market to get. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you
Mark
SeanP
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Re: Advertised Laser cut files----good or stay away?

Post by SeanP »

Or does anyone want to share one? I’m sure most, if not all, are available free. Would just lake ages to collect them all.

Sean.
Sean - UK based (Maidenhead - Berkshire), 50 odd years old Male.
I have a Raycus 30W Fibre, Atomstack A20 Pro (Modified to auto Air Assist), CNC 3018 Router, a hobby lathe and mill. Did have a K40 but down sized due to space.
My main hobby is tinkering in the man cave.
KnightRid
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Reactions:

Post by KnightRid »

Most of them will have foreign files and files with no directions in them. I have gotten one in the past and it is a mess. I will try and capture a directory listing so you see what I mean.

Here is a directory list of one of the files in the pack so you can see how unorganized they are.
filenames.txt
I will go one further and give you an example file. Here is the picture - looks cool...now figure out how to assemble :)
r1z6xlol.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hi my name is Mike and I use a Roly Automation LaserMATIC10 and a Creality Falcon 10w diode laser.
Hobby Forums --> Start Here -- Everyone Please Read
parsec
Laserologist
Laserologist
Reactions:

Post by parsec »

I have 1 directory with files organized like the one attached, if memory serves me well, from a site in Spain, it has 8,000 files but it's 2.40 Gig. They were public, so I have no copyright information.
Name of the file:
vect.PNG
alligator.rar
To start in "3D laser" check this topic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MAIN HOBBY: The HO :idea:. Laser: 10W diode.
3D Printer: Resin and filament. CNC: A4.
"→ To boldly go where no laser →☼ has gone before ∞"
wabbit
Laser Master
Laser Master
Reactions:

Post by wabbit »

I am not that smart when it comes to giving files but i have a site one of the people here gave out. ive found a ton of useful files. some are done funny as far as using 1 line to close 2 shapes and you have to cut all together. some i cant because of bed size, you get the picture.

https://vectorsfile.com/

there is another site but you have to buy the files. the guy is really good and ive got about 30 of his files.

https://hobowithwood.com/

then you can also goto Rich the LA hobbyguy site too

https://engraveandcutfiles.com
wabbit
Laser Master
Laser Master
Reactions:

Post by wabbit »

you can also watch youtube videos and hobo with wood and rich teach you to make things in lightburn.

best i can do

wabbit
3-7 Day Fast Delivery to US from Banggood US Warehouse