Which laser would you buy?

I have decided to do a series of Laser & Laser Related Product Reviews. I will post them here as I publish them on YouTube.
PLEASE DO NOT POST NEW TOPICS HERE UNLESS YOU'RE REVIEWING A PRODUCT
microcarl
Jr Member
Jr Member
Reactions:

Re: Which laser would you buy?

Post by microcarl »

By the way, I got an xTOOL D1 for my birthday, this past April.

The mechanics is acceptable.

The software and controller firmware is lacking.

I do have to say that opening the controller software up to Lightburn may have saved the xTOOL D1 from total failure...
Carl W. Livingston
microcarl
Jr Member
Jr Member
Reactions:

Post by microcarl »

If in the market, I'd be considering the new Genmitsu Jinsoku LC-40 Laser engraver with a 10 Watt laser module, when it became available...
Carl W. Livingston
LAHobbyGuy
Laser Yoda
Laser Yoda
Reactions:
Your Specific Hobby: Laser Engraver

Post by LAHobbyGuy »

MikeH wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:01 pm nabors,Thanks for your input. Can I ask why you like this laser? I don't always hear the best things about Chinese lasers.
I don't know if you know this, but 99% of all diode lasers and 95% of Co2 lasers are all Chinese made.

Neje is a manufacturer, with an R&D department and supplies many different OEM branded laser modules to other companies. While they may not the most polished or "fluff feature" rich, they are some of the best diode lasers on the market... they just work.

Rich
inspire.. create.. learn.. teach.. help someone today... Subscribe to my YouTube Channel, The Louisiana Hobby Guy!
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME OR EMAIL THE ADMIN! THIS FORUM WAS DESIGNED TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS!
➡️ New Here? Main Forums --> Start Here --> Everyone Please Read
MikeH
Laser Master
Laser Master
Reactions:

Post by MikeH »

LAHobbyGuy wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:26 am
MikeH wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:01 pm nabors,Thanks for your input. Can I ask why you like this laser? I don't always hear the best things about Chinese lasers.
I don't know if you know this, but 99% of all diode lasers and 95% of Co2 lasers are all Chinese made.

Neje is a manufacturer, with an R&D department and supplies many different OEM branded laser modules to other companies. While they may not the most polished or "fluff feature" rich, they are some of the best diode lasers on the market... they just work.

Rich
Thanks everyone. My Neje laser should be here in a few days. I'm looking forward to learning the ins and outs of it.

Rich, I love your videos, thank you so much for sharing your knowledge.
Hi, my name is Mike.

I am using NEJE 3 Max laser and a Longmill MK2 for CNC woodworking. The learning has been fun and frustrating, sometimes at the same
time.
dvc
Jr Member
Jr Member
Reactions:

Post by dvc »

MikeH wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:05 pm So here is the next question, why would I get it from Amazon as opposed to right from NEJE? It's cheaper from NEJE. $599.00 from NEJE, $699.00 from Amazon, can someone tell my why?
Don't know about NEJE, but I just bought a refurbished Atomstack A5 PRO 40W Refurbished for $100 less than new. Everything about it looks totally new and so far seems to act like new :)

Price of new on Atomstack.com, btw, was also significantly cheaper than Amazon or anywhere else. I would definitely NOT have purchased from a non-Atomstack website in this case. Other cases where price is at least very close or cheaper, I would probably choose Amazon / Walmart / other well known site due to return policy, etc. And, shipping cost (if any) must be factored in also :)

However, I also always google research any unfamiliar websites before buying!

My 2cents,
dvc
Osoluis
Jr Member
Jr Member
Reactions:

Post by Osoluis »

I am new to this hobby and I bought the AtomStock X20 pro 130 W, I start using the machine and look is working great
dvc
Jr Member
Jr Member
Reactions:

Post by dvc »

Osoluis wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:58 pm I am new to this hobby and I bought the AtomStock X20 pro 130 W, I start using the machine and look is working great
Wow! You went straight to the top, didn't you :O :O

Good for you :) I figured I'd get my feet wet first :lol:
Osoluis
Jr Member
Jr Member
Reactions:

Post by Osoluis »

Thanks, is very nice machine, you should try
gmohr
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by gmohr »

Since I already have a modified OMTech K40 CO2 laser I decided to buy the new Atezr P20 Plus. Waiting on delivery... hopefully soon!
Hi, my name is Gene. Retired Army and corporate IT guy.
I am a private pilot and an avid hobbiest. I have 3D printers,
a CNC machine, an OMTech K40 Laser and an Atezr P20Plus.
Grumpguy
Laserologist
Laserologist
Reactions:

Post by Grumpguy »

I want the one that shoots laser beams out of my eyes 👀 like superman but I think it's a little more expensive. That's probably a fiber laser cause I've seen superman cut steel.
My Name is Jeff. I use an Atomstack A10 pro m100 20w module and a monport K40 pro.Doing this about 18 months now.
3-7 Day Fast Delivery to US from Banggood US Warehouse