Diode Hobby Laser Etching & Cutting Warning!

Discuss all things diode hobby lasers. Project settings, materials, hardware, tips & tricks, etc.
NoMercy
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Re: Diode Hobby Laser Etching & Cutting Warning!

Post by NoMercy »

Hello Im new here,
Material with Sticky Glue Backing Coats lens, cracks lens
is it still a problem when you use air assist.
The air essist creates a overpressure in the nozzle i believe

(hope my english is good enough, im from the Netherlands ;-))
Regards
Edwin
Nekiiq
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by Nekiiq »

Good information for us starters in laser cutting .
Thank you
My name is Nenad from Australia, novice in laser cutting using Naje 40w ? machine . Wary impressed with your "teaching" .
Minion
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

N30820 diode laser

Post by Minion »

I I'm new and got a n30820 laser its a 20w laser and 5.5w optic output. The site says I can cut 3mm in 1 pass but I'm doing 13 passes at 10mm/min and it doesn't always cut through. And my box joints are not tight. Am I missing something?
nabors
Laserologist
Laserologist
Reactions:

Re: N30820 diode laser

Post by nabors »

Minion wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:33 am I I'm new and got a n30820 laser its a 20w laser and 5.5w optic output. The site says I can cut 3mm in 1 pass but I'm doing 13 passes at 10mm/min and it doesn't always cut through. And my box joints are not tight. Am I missing something?
My first guess would be that it's not focused yet.
My name is Ben. I own a Fokoos FE20 5W diode, which is finally working after quite a bit of part wrangling! I do also have the Odin 5 3d printer from the same company. As of this writing, I am using lightburn version 1.1.04 on Windows 10 pro.
AnalogKid
Laserologist
Laserologist
Reactions:

Post by AnalogKid »

wynneslaser wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:22 pm Any chance of making this printable would like to put this up in my shed thanks Mark.
Just highlight the text you want, copy and then paste into Word/Wordpad/GoogleDoc, Etc. Adjust accordingly (Best fit for your paper size)
I did this and added to a Tab I have in an Excel spread sheet I have for speeds/feeds for my laser.

THANKS to Rich for bring this to attention !! I am new to lasers, but from my foam cutting days I know some are OK, and some not, so I knew the same would be true for lasers. I am guessing this isn't thought about by some laser newbies and great to have this here.
Dave
New to Lasers - Ortur LM3 (Sept 2022)
Long time 3D printer (FDM, and Resin)
Home designed and built CNC router.
Design with Fusion360, Inkscape
R/C planes, Astronomy, N-Scale Model RR.
Roy
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by Roy »

Can I safely use my Atomstack A10 to cut and/or engrave chrome tanned and vegetable tanned leather?
robbo141
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by robbo141 »

Does anyone have experience cutting corrugated plastic sheet? The stuff they use to make lawn signs? Like those annoying signs people plant in election times. My missis bought a pack of black stuff to make Halloween signs. There’s no indication of material type on the material or packaging it came in. I’ll drop a line to the supplier also.

Robbo
X-tool D1, rotary tool pro, absolutely zero experience as of now.
AnalogKid
Laserologist
Laserologist
Reactions:

Post by AnalogKid »

robbo141 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:12 pm Does anyone have experience cutting corrugated plastic sheet? .... I’ll drop a line to the supplier also.

Robbo
Not 100% sure, but I think it may be a type of PVC. Years ago I used to buy this stuff by the 8'x4" sheet and make R/C airplane kits to sell. I used jigs I made and did the majority of cutting on a band saw. Sure did smell like PVC if I fed it too fast when cutting on the band saw.
Dave
New to Lasers - Ortur LM3 (Sept 2022)
Long time 3D printer (FDM, and Resin)
Home designed and built CNC router.
Design with Fusion360, Inkscape
R/C planes, Astronomy, N-Scale Model RR.
burntoutz
Jr Member
Jr Member
Reactions:

Post by burntoutz »

Hi i am new here.I am planning to get the ortur laser master 3 to do engravings only on pvc which is what I always use on my cnc router.It looks as if i have to find another material that I engrave and compliment white pvc material.Thanks.
burntoutz
Jr Member
Jr Member
Reactions:

Post by burntoutz »

Anyone engrave on corian?Or is this a no no as well?
3-7 Day Fast Delivery to US from Banggood US Warehouse