Ortur Laser Master 3

I have decided to do a series of Laser & Laser Related Product Reviews. I will post them here as I publish them on YouTube.
PLEASE DO NOT POST NEW TOPICS HERE UNLESS YOU'RE REVIEWING A PRODUCT
Chips
Jr Member
Jr Member
Reactions:

Ortur Laser Master 3

Post by Chips »

Anyone have any reviews on this latest model that you can share?
dxsmith12
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Re: Ortur Laser Master 3

Post by dxsmith12 »

I am sending my Laser Master 3 back for a refund. After 3 days of troubleshooting it only works intermittently. I have been in technology professionally for 25 years doing everything from networking to application development. I also work on car engines as a hobby so I am no stranger to getting my hands dirty literally and figuratively. I may have gotten a lemon but I am at the point of diminishing returns with the unit in my possession.
Machine: Fox Alien Reizer Pro 40w (10w output)
Hobbist since 8/22
Chips
Jr Member
Jr Member
Reactions:

Post by Chips »

All reviews on the LM3 I have seen looks pretty good. You might have got one that is as you said a lemon. I have recently ordered a LM3 and waiting for it to be delivered. Will share my experience. I have a LM2 Pro and very happy with it.
btreize
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by btreize »

Hello, just reviving this thread.
Read over facebook and other places about issues with the OLM3.
Bad air assist /flow system.
Cracking lens
Dirt getting on the lens more often than usual.

Do you have some feedbacks?
Bobcat
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by Bobcat »

I have this unit on order as it looks well designed and user friendly.
The design is smooth and slick, looks purpose built with no exposed side rails.
My brother has the LM2 and likes it a lot, hope this one performs well.
My name is Jay, I have a Ortur LM3 10W Output Power Laser Engraver. This machine should show up 11-18-22, I have no laser experience, but I am excited to learn, patient and persistent. :mrgreen:
Waywardson20
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by Waywardson20 »

I recently purchased the LM3, my first laser. I'm having an issue with the USB connection. I replaced the one that came with the laser but I'm still having the laser drop out quite often. When the laser is working properly it cuts and engraves very well. I'm not very experienced with it but what I've done so far looks great. If anyone has a suggestion with the USB connection, please let me know. Or if you know of a high-quality cable, please include a link. Thank you.
Hello, my name is John. I have an ORTUR laser master 3. I just purchased it Sept. 2022, and have very little experience.
Locutis1704
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by Locutis1704 »

I have had mine for a couple of months now and have no issues. I have engraved a lot of stuff. I clean the lens once a week. Hopefully whatever issue some of them are having will get a fix. Just updated the firmware tonight with no issues. fingers crossed!!!!!
LAHobbyGuy
Laser Yoda
Laser Yoda
Reactions:
Your Specific Hobby: Laser Engraver

Post by LAHobbyGuy »

I have a review on my YouTube channel. It's a solid machine.
inspire.. create.. learn.. teach.. help someone today... Subscribe to my YouTube Channel, The Louisiana Hobby Guy!
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME OR EMAIL THE ADMIN! THIS FORUM WAS DESIGNED TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS!
➡️ New Here? Main Forums --> Start Here --> Everyone Please Read
Dale730
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by Dale730 »

Waywardson20 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:53 pm I recently purchased the LM3, my first laser. I'm having an issue with the USB connection. I replaced the one that came with the laser but I'm still having the laser drop out quite often. When the laser is working properly it cuts and engraves very well. I'm not very experienced with it but what I've done so far looks great. If anyone has a suggestion with the USB connection, please let me know. Or if you know of a high-quality cable, please include a link. Thank you.
John,
I have had nothing but issues with the LM3. I had the issue you were having at first. Ordered mine in August. Updating the firmware to ESP_OLM3_205_RC38 and disabling the Espressi Mass Storage USB Device in Device Manager resolved that issue. I got by for a week or two with no issues and then it started just turning itself off. And by off, I mean the power is gone. No light ring at the power switch. It is like you pulled the plug out of the wall. I have ruined more items with this laser than I have created. Support is responsive, but they are a parts cannon. They now have a new motherboard on the way to me (11.23.2022). I have a significant investment in this machine. I bought the roller assembly, the feet, the expansion kit (not arrived yet), waste board, enclosure and venting system. Currently I can burn one slate coaster at a time. If it dies, I can restart the job usually without an issue and it may eventually finish. Today, I bought another laser because I need something I can depend on. I got the Sculpfun S10 on a Black Friday deal.
My name is Dale. I use an Ortur LM3 Pro,10W laser. I have been at this hobby for a day now.
Dale730
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by Dale730 »

All,
I have had nothing but issues with the LM3. I had the issue of USB dropping the connection. Ordered mine August 19th and it showed up in September. Updating the firmware to ESP_OLM3_205_RC38 and disabling the Espressi Mass Storage USB Device in Device Manager resolved that issue. I got by for a week or two with no issues and then it started just turning itself off. And by off, I mean the power is gone. No light ring at the power switch. It is like you pulled the plug out of the wall. I have ruined more items with this laser than I have created. Support is responsive, but they are a parts cannon and close the tickets immediately fix or not. They now have a new motherboard on the way to me (11.23.2022). I have a significant investment in this machine. I bought the roller assembly, the feet, the expansion kit (not arrived yet), waste board, enclosure, Dewallie Air Assist and venting system using AC Infinity. Currently I can burn one slate coaster at a time. If it dies, I can restart the job usually without an issue and it may eventually finish. Today, I bought another laser because I need something I can depend on. I got the Sculpfun S10 on a Black Friday deal. I really wanted to like the LM3 but it is a PITA. By the way, support currently has me on OLM3_Firmware_207_RC5_20221012. When I applied it, it reintroduced the original USB dropping issue and I had to disable the Espressi item again.
My name is Dale. I use an Ortur LM3 Pro,10W laser. I have been at this hobby for a day now.
3-7 Day Fast Delivery to US from Banggood US Warehouse