Printing in reverse

The best laser software, period! All things Lightburn, including training.
RoosterMan
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Printing in reverse

Post by RoosterMan »

I am using LightBurn V1.0.0 with my AtomStack A5 Pro. Ive changed a setting in the lightburn software and now everything is burning backwards. It looks normal on the screen but when i send it to the laser it comes out backwards. Someone please tell me what i have changed and how i can change it back.
The Real Rooster Man :ugeek:
Timble221
Jr Member
Jr Member
Reactions:

Re: Printing in reverse

Post by Timble221 »

RoosterMan wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:19 pm I am using LightBurn V1.0.0 with my AtomStack A5 Pro. Ive changed a setting in the lightburn software and now everything is burning backwards. It looks normal on the screen but when i send it to the laser it comes out backwards. Someone please tell me what i have changed and how i can change it back.
You may have changed the setting for $3 on your device. That could happen if you tried to change the maximum value $30 and typed $3 (Step direction invert) instead. If $3 is something other than zero, try setting it to zero, $3=0. Note: based on the design of the laser engraver mechanics an inverted direction could be correct.

One way to verify the settings is click the console tab and type $$ in the (type commands here) area and hit enter.
RoosterMan
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by RoosterMan »

Thanks for the reply but i have no clue what $3 is or where $3 can be found. Thats what im asking step by step directions to change it back to a "WYSIWYG" what you see is what you get operation
ChrisLX200
Laserologist
Laserologist
Reactions:

Post by ChrisLX200 »

RoosterMan wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:43 am Thanks for the reply but i have no clue what $3 is or where $3 can be found. Thats what im asking step by step directions to change it back to a "WYSIWYG" what you see is what you get operation
It's a setting saved in firmware which remains in effect until you change it - either accidentally or on purpose.

In Lightburn, click on the Console tab in the window to the right hand side. On the bottom line enter $$ and press return, that will list all the $ settings that your machine is using. Look at that list and see what it says for $3.

You can change it by typing a new value for that setting (e.g., $3=0) and press enter. Confirm the change by entering $$ again to list the settings once more.
Machines: Sculpfun S9, Neje LM2 20W and 30W modules, Atomstack M50 module. I'm retired with interests in home shop engineering, astrophotography, and a whole lot of other stuff. Avatar is my dog Hazel who's much better looking than me.
RoosterMan
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by RoosterMan »

Ok thank you, ill try that
ReeRee
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by ReeRee »

Ok, I am about to pull my hair out. I have been doing practice engraving on my d1 pro 20 and all of a sudden my print is coming out backwards How do i fix this. How do I fix this and where do i go to fix this problem? thanks in advance Ree Ree
WillV
Laserologist
Laserologist
Reactions:

Post by WillV »

ReeRee wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:17 pm Ok, I am about to pull my hair out. I have been doing practice engraving on my d1 pro 20 and all of a sudden my print is coming out backwards How do i fix this. How do I fix this and where do i go to fix this problem? thanks in advance Ree Ree
Read this ENTIRE topic. Did the steps provided here solve your issue? Cool

If not, does the preview show the backwards burn? If you can, include relevant screen shots of your project.

Next, try to remember exactly what you did before your laser started inverting the burn. Were you fixing a different issue? Did you update firmware? Try to remember everything.

Come back here if you have more questions. Be prepared to provide additional information while the guru's here diagnose the problem.

Good Luck!
Will.
Laser: Atomstack A5 M50. 5.5w. - Ortur YRC1.0
3D Printing: Prusa i3 MK3S+
MacBook Pro (Ventura 13.1) - Asus Laptop (Windows10)

inspire, create, learn, teach
bgreat
Jr Member
Jr Member
Reactions:

Post by bgreat »

ReeRee wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:17 pm Ok, I am about to pull my hair out. I have been doing practice engraving on my d1 pro 20 and all of a sudden my print is coming out backwards How do i fix this. How do I fix this and where do i go to fix this problem? thanks in advance Ree Ree
Check your origin. If you inadvertently clicked to set it to the opposite edge, engraving will be reversed.
This is Bill. I have a Longer Ray5, 5W and 10W laser options. I am new to this hobby, but have >20 years FDM experience.
3-7 Day Fast Delivery to US from Banggood US Warehouse