Fiber - Skip EZCad2 and go straight to LightBurn?

Are you into engraving metals? This forum is specifically for Fiber Lasers.
Alphonse
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Fiber - Skip EZCad2 and go straight to LightBurn?

Post by Alphonse »

I am new to Fiber. I just received my SFX JPT60W MOPA w/EZCAD2 board last night, have it out of the crate, and on its cart. I plan on using LightBurn from day one. Can I skip installing EZCAD2? Does that mess me up at all on setting the machine up?

BTW, I have started Laser Everything's Master Academy LightBurn for Galvo Crash Course but I want to get on with some simple "learning by doing".
Alan
14 W JTech Dual Pro; about to add a Fiber Laser as soon as I get grounded adequately.
patrick322
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Re: Fiber - Skip EZCad2 and go straight to LightBurn?

Post by patrick322 »

you would only need ezcad drivers installed to run a corfile. if you do not plan to do that right off, you dont need ezcad.
check out my channel for fun stuff: LSE Youtube Channel
LAHobbyGuy
Laser Yoda
Laser Yoda
Reactions:
Your Specific Hobby: Laser Engraver

Post by LAHobbyGuy »

Skip EZCad and go straight to Lightburn; you'll be happy you did.

Rich
inspire.. create.. learn.. teach.. help someone today... Subscribe to my YouTube Channel, The Louisiana Hobby Guy!
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME OR EMAIL THE ADMIN! THIS FORUM WAS DESIGNED TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS!
➡️ New Here? Main Forums --> Start Here --> Everyone Please Read
Rdcole1
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by Rdcole1 »

How do I align my fiber laser in lightburn. My design are not square or off center.
My Name is Reginald. I have an Omtech 60w Co2 laser, a Ortur Laser Master 2 20w, and a Monport 30w Fiber Laser. I have been do this about a year now. :)
michvhf
Laser Master
Laser Master
Reactions:

Post by michvhf »

LightBurn has a video on how to align it and I actually found it!

Vince - aka Vinny aka Vince Nobucks
LightBurn, Omtech 40W CO2 (not the stock controller), Aufero with LaserTree 80 watt (10 optical) laser, 30 Watt MOPA from LasersOnly.
Eze1968
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by Eze1968 »

If you purchased your laser from Pascal, the lense calibration numbers should be on the side of the laser box.see attached
IMG_1766.jpeg
IMG_1767.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eric
80W JPT MOPA M7 Fiber Laser
Novice -Beginner
JaredJ
Laserologist
Laserologist
Reactions:

Post by JaredJ »

michvhf wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:19 am LightBurn has a video on how to align it and I actually found it!

Just went through setting up a new 150mm lens using this video. After getting everything dialed in correctly you also need to adjust the red light pointer so things will frame properly. This video explains how to do that.
Jared Hooper ... Gabriola Island BC, Canada ... I've been using lasers since 2017. Started with a 2.8 w Emblaser diode and then a 30 w JPT fiber laser since Dec.2020 and now have a 60w JPT fiber and a 10w Zbaitu diode. I do most of my designing in Illustrator and work primarily on a mac. I've been using LightBurn to control my diode machine since the first week it came out (many versions ago) and now to also control the fiber machines.
michvhf
Laser Master
Laser Master
Reactions:

Post by michvhf »

For some reason I thought the red dot alignment was covered in the first one. Prolly just remembered how to do it and didn't give it a second thought.
Vince - aka Vinny aka Vince Nobucks
LightBurn, Omtech 40W CO2 (not the stock controller), Aufero with LaserTree 80 watt (10 optical) laser, 30 Watt MOPA from LasersOnly.
3-7 Day Fast Delivery to US from Banggood US Warehouse