*LASER SAFETY WARNINGS*

Discuss all things diode hobby lasers. Project settings, materials, hardware, tips & tricks, etc.
Laserius
Laserologist
Laserologist
Reactions:

Re: *LASER SAFETY WARNINGS*

Post by Laserius »

Canadian "Amazon?"

LAHobbyGuy
Laser Yoda
Laser Yoda
Reactions:
Your Specific Hobby: Laser Engraver

Post by LAHobbyGuy »

Laserius wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:34 pm Will Amazon ship to Canada from the US site ?
Unfortunately they will not. I have family in Ontario and I have to have items shipped to me, and then pack one box for the holidays and ship it to them via the Post Office.

Rich
inspire.. create.. learn.. teach.. help someone today... Subscribe to my YouTube Channel, The Louisiana Hobby Guy!
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME OR EMAIL THE ADMIN! THIS FORUM WAS DESIGNED TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS!
➡️ New Here? Main Forums --> Start Here --> Everyone Please Read
dzrowka
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by dzrowka »

Thanks Rich, based on this article I purchased the J Tech shielding and made an enclosure (already had the exhaust) and it made a world of difference. Not only in the accidental exposure to the laser, but also fume extraction.
mheinnrich
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by mheinnrich »

Hi,
I just joined the forum so please excuse any bad posting from me.
I just bought a Dewalli 20w laser and tested it out once. Tons of smoke with was a problem. So now I am looking at a container, which I can build myself but how do I evacuate the smoke from that container? I saw some ventilators, not sure if they are called that?
But outside of putting a hole in an exterior wall how will that work?

Thank you for any insight to this situation.
Melanie
micallen
Jr Member
Jr Member
Reactions:

Post by micallen »

Build an enclosure. Buy something like this (link below) to pull the smoke outside (through a window or some other means).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078H ... UTF8&psc=1
Micallen
-Ortur Laser Master 2 (LU1-4) 5.5W output
-Neje Master 2S Max (40640) 11 W output
-Creality Ender 5 (in closet for now)
Tommyk
Laser Master
Laser Master
Reactions:

Post by Tommyk »

Hi Rich,
The safety glasses you suggest in the link are currently unavailable.
I have a new ORTUR Laser Master Pro 2 and need 2 sets of safety glasses ASAP.Can you suggest a good quality/safe set?
How are these? https://www.amazon.com/190nm-550nm-800n ... B07DC6GYW8
Thanks,,,
Tom
Ortur LM2Pro LU2-4SF
At age 78 and being a computer vegetable I never even dreamed I could run a laser engraver.
With the help I get from Rich and all the great people here I'm moving right along!
Thanks,,,
Tom
LAHobbyGuy
Laser Yoda
Laser Yoda
Reactions:

Post by LAHobbyGuy »

Tommyk wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:19 am I have a new ORTUR Laser Master Pro 2 and need 2 sets of safety glasses ASAP.Can you suggest a good quality/safe set?
Yes, those come and go Tom. Here's another brand I have in the shop.

Rich
inspire.. create.. learn.. teach.. help someone today... Subscribe to my YouTube Channel, The Louisiana Hobby Guy!
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME OR EMAIL THE ADMIN! THIS FORUM WAS DESIGNED TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS!
Tommyk
Laser Master
Laser Master
Reactions:

Post by Tommyk »

Thanks,,,,I just ordered2 pair!
Tom
Ortur LM2Pro LU2-4SF
At age 78 and being a computer vegetable I never even dreamed I could run a laser engraver.
With the help I get from Rich and all the great people here I'm moving right along!
Thanks,,,
Tom
Giovanni
Jr Member
Jr Member
Reactions:

Post by Giovanni »

High Rich and everybody,
thank you very much for these precious information.
I'm brand new to the laser world and in particolar to this great forum (just subscribed).
First of all I want to apologize for my poor English, I'm from Italy, but I hope you will understand me anyway.
Now I come to my question related to the safety precautions. What about ceramic tiles engraving? Are the particles emitted particularly dangerous? Can usual carbon filters help?
Thank you and kind regards from Italy!
My name is Giovanni, I live in Lissone, close to Milan, Italy. Self-made laser engraver using an Arduino board. Working area 280x250 mm. Laser heads: Voidmicro optical power 4W, Ortur 5.5W optical and Ortur 10W optical.
LAHobbyGuy
Laser Yoda
Laser Yoda
Reactions:

Post by LAHobbyGuy »

If you're etching tile, like with a C02, it's not a problem because they're enclosed and the dust is vented. With a diode laser, you're not going to be able to etch, just engrave painted tiles. But in any case, an enclosure with fume extraction is highly recommended.

Rich
3-7 Day Fast Delivery to US from Banggood US Warehouse