DIY Camera Build & Software Hack!

The best laser software, period! All things Lightburn, including training.
LAHobbyGuy
Laser Yoda
Laser Yoda
Reactions:
Your Specific Hobby: Laser Engraver

DIY Camera Build & Software Hack!

Post by LAHobbyGuy »

New addition to my hobby laser, a DIY camera! Oh what a difference the camera makes! Perfectly positioned graphics!
1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
inspire.. create.. learn.. teach.. help someone today... Subscribe to my YouTube Channel, The Louisiana Hobby Guy!
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME OR EMAIL THE ADMIN! THIS FORUM WAS DESIGNED TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS!
➡️ New Here? Main Forums --> Start Here --> Everyone Please Read
andyg
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Re: DIY Camera Build & Software Hack!

Post by andyg »

OMG I cant believe how easy this was to setup, and it brings a whole new dimension to working with my Neje

Thanks Rich
Mokunui
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by Mokunui »

Very nice! Where did you purchase the corner L brackets and T plates? Amazon? Would you be kind enough to post a link, please.
LAHobbyGuy
Laser Yoda
Laser Yoda
Reactions:

Post by LAHobbyGuy »

Mokunui wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:02 pm Very nice! Where did you purchase the corner L brackets and T plates? Amazon? Would you be kind enough to post a link, please.
Yes, here you go:

https://amzn.to/30TVKLY

https://amzn.to/3Fs0szw

Rich
inspire.. create.. learn.. teach.. help someone today... Subscribe to my YouTube Channel, The Louisiana Hobby Guy!
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME OR EMAIL THE ADMIN! THIS FORUM WAS DESIGNED TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS!
coyspurs
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by coyspurs »

Hi Rich, thanks for another easy to follow video. I had a camera but never set it up, but I have now! it all configured and works fine and here's the but... how can i zoom in on a part of my bed to enable a trace round the object i require? if I do a normal trace it will pick every thing up on my bed, parts burns, debris, small tools, actual burn marks on the bed and will trace every thing! thanks again for your easy to follow videos
ChrisLX200
Laserologist
Laserologist
Reactions:

Post by ChrisLX200 »

coyspurs wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:23 am Hi Rich, thanks for another easy to follow video. I had a camera but never set it up, but I have now! it all configured and works fine and here's the but... how can i zoom in on a part of my bed to enable a trace round the object i require? if I do a normal trace it will pick every thing up on my bed, parts burns, debris, small tools, actual burn marks on the bed and will trace every thing! thanks again for your easy to follow videos
Place the object on a sheet of white paper?
Machines: Sculpfun S9, Neje LM2 20W and 30W modules, Atomstack M50 module. I'm retired with interests in home shop engineering, astrophotography, and a whole lot of other stuff. Avatar is my dog Hazel who's much better looking than me.
LAHobbyGuy
Laser Yoda
Laser Yoda
Reactions:

Post by LAHobbyGuy »

coyspurs wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:23 am ...how can i zoom in on a part of my bed to enable a trace round the object i require?
Click on trace and then click and drag over the area you want to trace on the screen. Once you have the area selected, click OK and it will only trace that masked area.
trace-selected-area.jpg
Rich
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rizzy44
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by Rizzy44 »

I'm just in the process of trying to set the camera up but when I get to the part with the 4 target symbols I hit FRAME and nothing happens appartfrom this message
<Idle|MPos:0.000,0.000,0.000|Bf:35,4096|FS:0,0|Pn:P|CL:0,100|PS:2,1|ER:0,0|VA:25377,0|Ov:100,100,100|A:S|H:1,7>
ok
[GC:G0 G54 G92 G17 G21 G90 G94 G49 G98 G50 M5 M9 T0 F0 S0.]
Starting stream
ALARM:2
G-code motion target exceeds machine travel. Machine position safely retained. Alarm may be unlocked. (Right-click the 'Devices' button to reset the connection)
On or near line 2:
Stream completed in 0:00
[MSG:Reset to continue]

hopefully someone can help me with this....thanks
LAHobbyGuy
Laser Yoda
Laser Yoda
Reactions:

Post by LAHobbyGuy »

In the Console, type:
$X to unlock press Enter
$RST=* Press Enter
Turn off the laser
Close Lightburn
Open Lightburn
Turn on the laser
Home the laser

Rich
Rizzy44
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by Rizzy44 »

Thankyou Rich you are a life saver....I've been trying to get it to work for nearly 5 hours with no joy , I'll give it a try using the preset camera now as well as I can get a score of 0.16 on the image but when I hit next it just stays on the same page.

Kind regards...Steve
3-7 Day Fast Delivery to US from Banggood US Warehouse