lazrguira
Jr Member
Jr Member
Reactions:

Re: Really need Advise on my First laser

Post by lazrguira »

Ravitch wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:48 pm
lazrguira wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:11 pm
Saycheeze wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:33 pm Save your coins and buy a Thunder Laser. Nope. I don't own one. I wish I had saved and bought one over the one I have.
Thunder is definitely out of the budget. those start like at 5K
I have however been looking hard at this one too.

https://omtechlaser.com/collections/mid ... sb-5g3r-us
Omtech just imports mass produced Chinese lasers and slaps their name on it. Might as well save yourself a ton of money and buy it direct, or if you’re uncomfortable buying direct from China buy from Toolots and save a lot of money. https://www.toolots.com/ng-frontend/pro ... focus+Tool
If I new which one to buy directly from china I would. Any body here have any luck with that? If so, Which ones are worth buying?
lazrguira
Jr Member
Jr Member
Reactions:

Post by lazrguira »

Nothing worse then wanting to buy something and not knowing which one to buy. Can't tell you how many youtube videos I've watched in the last 3 weeks.
bobfa
Jr Member
Jr Member
Reactions:

Post by bobfa »

I have been fussing around with an Xtool laser and I have not been impressed. I can sometimes make great stuff but other times it just does not perform well. I am going into production (might make some $$) and needed to step it up for the smaller things I am making. So I ordered a Monport K40 and the 3000 chiller. It is a bit more DIY to get air assist, etc.

I still want/need a larger bed laser for some of my projects. From what I can see Rich has found a couple that might fit the bill. This new Roly LaserMatic 10 is a newborn kid on the block and it looks very interesting. The Atzer 24W also seems to be a great choice.
Bob Fairbairn
Xtool D1, Roly Lasermatic10, omtech K40, Prover 4030XL CNC
MacDoktor
Laserologist
Laserologist
Reactions:

Post by MacDoktor »

bobfa wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:00 amThis new Roly LaserMatic 10 is a newborn kid on the block and it looks very interesting.
It looks absolutely gorgeous in person. The clear, filtered enclosure allows me to see what is happening from every angle all of the time. It's worth every dime over the unenclosed model. For some odd reason, every time I use it it makes me smile. 🥰
MacDoktor, KA4HJHRoly LaserMATIC10 — 27" Late 2013 iMac with macOS 10.14 Mojave — LightBurn :ugeek:

Some of my Diode and HeNe laser collection is on my blog: Laser Stuff. The best of my brief love affair with solar photography is here: Sunspots!
Steven1
Jr Member
Jr Member
Reactions:

Post by Steven1 »

I purchased a rm1390 from rmlaser it is a 120W co2 laser. It was much lower in cost than anything else I found. I'm very happy with it and I've had it about 6mo now. The rmlaser is directly from China the delivery was timely and the support has been fantastic. Ray and rmlaser has done several face time with me on Whatsapp and shown me what to do when I've had questions. They sell several sizes I just went for one of the larger ones. If you are still looking you should contact [email protected] or [email protected] they will send you the latest catalog and you can compare prices. I've found this laser to be very well built. From what I found doing my research was that most of the lasers are built in China and sent to the USA and renamed. Not all but a large percentage of them. Hope this helps its just me experience with my machine so far. Not sure it it would help any but you could tell them Steve referred you.
tassiespirit
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by tassiespirit »

1. Ensure that Lightburn really does work on the laser ( controller in the laser) that you want to use ( which is a great product and does have support and great updates).
2. Software like RDWorks is free but not supported ( there is a forum out there).
3. Also, ensure that you are not buying a laser that is too big/small for what you want to do.
4. Does it have Z axis capabilities if you need it? I.E. the table can drop and you can use a rotary to engrave say glass, or bottles or even aluminium flasks.
TomG
Laserologist
Laserologist
Reactions:

Post by TomG »

I personally got an xtool d1 pro 20 watt and so far it suits me fine as I am of course still learning and experimenting, but I am also able to make things for family and friends and I am not soliciting for Xtool but it was the choice I made.
I am starting to sell a bit of projects and am taking in orders on occasion and the fact that I bought the diode laser rather than a CO2 laser is that I didn't go broke in making the purchase however if my hobby turns into a business, a CO2 laser will be something I may consider when the time comes.
Comments were made about saving up for a CO2, which is a great idea, however, it doesn't get you involved in making or really learning anything until you get to be hands on with which ever laser you decide to buy.
There are many things to take into consideration when making the choice, which ever way you go, like available space, type of materials you will be primarily using, proper ventilation depending on type of materials you will be using, and how deep you want to get into lasering, and of course the cost of the laser and any accessories you may get, are all things to take into consideration.
Ultimately, the decision of course is yours, based on your circumstances and situation, So good luck and welcome to the forum in which ever way you decide.
You never learn anything by doing it right
XTool d1Pro 20watt, extension,enclosure, Honeycombs, AlivePixelCreates Z Height Adjuster, Geeksatlarge Air Assist Kit
XTool F1,Slide Extension, Fume Extractor
No Longer N00bishly new, but I am always learning
Pelon
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by Pelon »

Interested to learn more on Steven1 purchase of a rm1390 from rmlaser (120W co2 laser).

What did you experience in the way of a delivery time.
Steven1
Jr Member
Jr Member
Reactions:

Post by Steven1 »

Pelon
Sorry I have not been on this site for a while. My laser came within a week. The delivery was great. It was a big create and did come in a semi truck so I met the driver in a parking lot and loaded it on my car trailer. It was very well packaged.
3-7 Day Fast Delivery to US from Banggood US Warehouse