Blind leap of faith

All 3D Printers and software posts
Fandrel64
Laser Master
Laser Master
Reactions:

Blind leap of faith

Post by Fandrel64 »

I was finally able to find the space and time to set up my Photon S resin printer so I figured why not jump in with both feet. First ever resin print, resin 1 year past expiration, machine been in the closet for longer, maybe 60f in the room, I'm ok with it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My name is Bob. I use a Sculpfun S9 laser.Started playing around with it in Feb 2022. Too many other hobbies to list.
KnightRid
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Reactions:

Re: Blind leap of faith

Post by KnightRid »

Looks good! resin is so awesome but so much more of a pain than fdm!

1 tip - use 99% IPA - I have tried lower and it does not work as well on all resins! I still want to try curing it in water to see if it helps for that too....one of these days ;)
Hi my name is Mike and I use a Roly Automation LaserMATIC10 and a Creality Falcon 10w diode laser.
Hobby Forums --> Start Here -- Everyone Please Read
Fandrel64
Laser Master
Laser Master
Reactions:

Post by Fandrel64 »

I love my FDM for terrain but it's time to start upping my mini game too. Lot of alcohol in the house. Ok most people call it rum but still....
My name is Bob. I use a Sculpfun S9 laser.Started playing around with it in Feb 2022. Too many other hobbies to list.
KnightRid
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Reactions:

Post by KnightRid »

Fandrel64 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:19 pm I love my FDM for terrain but it's time to start upping my mini game too. Lot of alcohol in the house. Ok most people call it rum but still....
Rum is for drinking WHILE you are doing the minis :) I like Zaya rum myself (the original was better but I have no time machine).

I use my FDM for functional parts and large parts. Resin gets expensive for some higher end stuff and also temps effect resin more than FDM. My basement always stays cool so I have to adjust everything for colder temps.
Hi my name is Mike and I use a Roly Automation LaserMATIC10 and a Creality Falcon 10w diode laser.
Hobby Forums --> Start Here -- Everyone Please Read
Fandrel64
Laser Master
Laser Master
Reactions:

Post by Fandrel64 »

I live in an unheated farm house. Some days are for printing and some days are for lasers and some days are for drinking. LOL
3-7 Day Fast Delivery to US from Banggood US Warehouse