Editing STL File in Microsoft 3D Builder

All 3D Printers and software posts
Boomeris
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Editing STL File in Microsoft 3D Builder

Post by Boomeris »

Hello All ... I'm looking for some info on 3D Builder ... I'm editing an stl file and when I split the the file only one part at a time shows it as a solid and the other part is Transparent which makes it difficult to add to the Transparent part .... is there a way to show all parts as solid without grouping them?

Thank You in advance for any help anyone can provide
KnightRid
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Reactions:

Re: Editing STL File in Microsoft 3D Builder

Post by KnightRid »

Keep both - I think that will always show one xray though.

Are you just splitting it apart and keeping everything or splitting it to remove items? Grouping doesnt help when splitting as you always will have 2 pieces.
Hi my name is Mike and I use a Roly Automation LaserMATIC10 and a Creality Falcon 10w diode laser.
Hobby Forums --> Start Here -- Everyone Please Read
Boomeris
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by Boomeris »

Thank You for your reply .... I'm splitting and keeping both .... I need to resize one part but when attaching to the other part it's hard to see where exactly I'm putting the other part is showing as xray:(
KnightRid
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Reactions:

Post by KnightRid »

Boomeris wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:20 am Thank You for your reply .... I'm splitting and keeping both .... I need to resize one part but when attaching to the other part it's hard to see where exactly I'm putting the other part is showing as xray:(
Once you split it and go back to the main screen you should be able to select just the one part to move and both will be solid.

Click VIEW and unclick XRAY - if XRAY is on then the part you select will be solid but the others XRAY.
Hi my name is Mike and I use a Roly Automation LaserMATIC10 and a Creality Falcon 10w diode laser.
Hobby Forums --> Start Here -- Everyone Please Read
3-7 Day Fast Delivery to US from Banggood US Warehouse