Laser homing fail

Discuss all things diode hobby lasers. Project settings, materials, hardware, tips & tricks, etc.
Gilles
Reactions:

Laser homing fail

Post by Gilles »

Hi all

I have seen a lot of post where the guy's has the problem to homing in one shot their laser to the home position where the limit switch are. So will give you what i have done for this. First all you do is under your responsibilities :)
- Go in the console and launch the $$ command and save the output in a text file. So you are sure to have the initial parameters

Change by using the console
- Look at the value for $130 and $131, this is the max value that the laser will travel
- I changed mine from 430 to 1000. in the console type $130=1000 and Enter, then type $131=1000 and Enter.

By Using Lightburn
- Menu Edit, Machine settings
- Go in the section "Outputs setup"
- Accept the warning as you know what you do
- Search the line 'X Max travel (mm) ($130)"
- Save the value in your head or somewhere else :)
- Change the value
- Do the same for the line 'Y Max travel (mm) ($131)"

Ok That's it
/Gilles
Greetings from France
There is no stupid questions.....Only stupid answers, BUT Please read your Hardware and Software Manuals

Atezr V35
https://www.buymeacoffee.com/gilleskraft
Wyked
Laserologist
Laserologist
Reactions:

Re: Laser homing fail

Post by Wyked »

Gilles wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 3:44 am
Change by using the console
- Look at the value for $130 and $131, this is the max value that the laser will travel
- I changed mine from 430 to 1000. in the console type $130=1000 and Enter, then type $131=1000 and Enter.

By Using Lightburn
- Menu Edit, Machine settings
- Go in the section "Outputs setup"
- Accept the warning as you know what you do
- Search the line 'X Max travel (mm) ($130)"
- Save the value in your head or somewhere else :)
- Change the value
- Do the same for the line 'Y Max travel (mm) ($131)"
Yes it's a BIG problem with suppliers not including the Max Travel instructions when they ship extensions kits, I answer this question about once a week.
Is your laser now 1000x1000 ? new gantry ?, as that's what its set at now in your instructions, most extension kits are for Y axis so you should leave $130 as it is and only change the Y axis $131 to new setting.
Atomstack P7 M40-Dead and Atomstack A5 M50 Pro+ replaced module with M100 (Extension Kit, Air Assist and R3 & Chuck Roller), K40 Co2
Also 3D Printer and CNCs 3018, Foxalien Masuter Pro 4040.
Housed in "The Laser Lair"
Eternal Learner.
Gilles
Reactions:

Post by Gilles »

i think that doesn't matter if you exceed.the real measurement of the gantry, it's only used for homing. zs you have limit switches it will stop
/Gilles
Greetings from France
There is no stupid questions.....Only stupid answers, BUT Please read your Hardware and Software Manuals

Atezr V35
https://www.buymeacoffee.com/gilleskraft
Wyked
Laserologist
Laserologist
Reactions:

Post by Wyked »

Gilles wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 1:32 pm i think that doesn't matter if you exceed.the real measurement of the gantry, it's only used for homing. zs you have limit switches it will stop
Correct, if you have end stops, otherwise you will get problems, and triggering end stops when you are not expecting it can get annoying very quickly.
Atomstack P7 M40-Dead and Atomstack A5 M50 Pro+ replaced module with M100 (Extension Kit, Air Assist and R3 & Chuck Roller), K40 Co2
Also 3D Printer and CNCs 3018, Foxalien Masuter Pro 4040.
Housed in "The Laser Lair"
Eternal Learner.
3-7 Day Fast Delivery to US from Banggood US Warehouse