Sales Tips

Discuss all things diode hobby lasers. Project settings, materials, hardware, tips & tricks, etc.
Tooter
Laserologist
Laserologist
Reactions:

Sales Tips

Post by Tooter »

Thanks to everyone on the site who works hard to help others. I wanted to share a successful sales tip I discovered by accident. I was talking to someone about Rotary International and they mentioned that they are always looking for presenters for their meetings. The presentations are not supposed to be sales or marketing, but I told them I would discuss my hobby and talk about advances in CNC technology. They asked me to present, and I did a simple 20-minute presentation mainly talking about the technology, but I had a lot of photos of some work I have done and what was possible.

Within 2 weeks of that presentation, I received 2 separate job orders with one of them being a regular open order. I make them customer beer tap handles and they supply them to their customers. They originally asked for 200-300 annually but at the rate they are requesting replenishment, I think we may be higher than that. If you are looking for a way to get the word out, contact your local Rotary group and see if they would like a presentation from you. Most of the members are business owners or leaders and you will likely get someone asking you about a product you have never even considered.

By the way, I am providing some sample key chains to a realtor from that group...never know. I can post pics of the tap handles if anyone is interested. Good luck, I am looking to buy a 60w CO2 in the next few weeks to add to my capabilities.
Hi, my name is Matt and I have a Lasermatic MK2 30 watt and I have been working with CNC Rotors and CNC lasers for about 3 years.
KYRetired
Laser Master
Laser Master
Reactions:

Re: Sales Tips

Post by KYRetired »

You could probably do the same presentation to your local Shriners Temple and Chamber of Commence. Lots of successful business leaders in these groups.
Larry, Dec 23, received my Roly, MK2 10/30W and it's GREAT!
AdeBeaudu
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by AdeBeaudu »

Wow, that's an awesome sales tip you stumbled upon! Sharing your passion and expertise can really open unexpected doors. I'm glad it worked out so well for you with the Rotary presentation and the job orders that followed. I'd love to see the pics of those tap handles if you're willing to share them!

I've been diving into marketing lately, too. When I started my business, I realized the importance of getting the word out, and recently, I read about SEO Trends. It got me intrigued, and I've started a link-building campaign for my site. Now waiting for the results.
Tooter
Laserologist
Laserologist
Reactions:

Post by Tooter »

AdeBeaudu, I am not an expert but word-of-mouth has worked better for me. I do not have anything on facebook or any webpage and I have received orders regularly. Just got 3 orders last week, one for 50 cutting boards, one for 4 cutting boards, and one for 16 signs. All of these came from people that talked about my hobbie with others they knew. The good thing is I never deal with shipping, I usually just deliver the product myself. Again, no expert here but I believe there is more work available within 20 miles of where you live if you just get out there and tell people. I also recently had a realtor call me about closing gifts because is noticed some key chains I did for another realtor. I did those for free, just 2 of them, just to get people talking. Good luck!
Hi, my name is Matt and I have a Lasermatic MK2 30 watt and I have been working with CNC Rotors and CNC lasers for about 3 years.
3-7 Day Fast Delivery to US from Banggood US Warehouse