LIGHTBURN CANNOT OPEN FILE! CORRECT!!

This forum is for forum software questions and introductions.
LAHobbyGuy
Laser Yoda
Laser Yoda
Reactions:
Your Specific Hobby: Laser Engraver

Re: LIGHTBURN CANNOT OPEN FILE! CORRECT!!

Post by LAHobbyGuy »

uwasagadoga wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 4:53 pm Of course I read you instructions. the problem, which you missed, is that the download must open in Safari before I can put it in the file folders you recommended so that Lightburn could ask for them. Do you know of an app that will open your library in safari?
The problem is user error. I'm sorry but I can't make instructions for every browser and every computer setting out there. I did however, make a video to show how to do this with any computer and any browser. I will post it again just to end the discussion. FYI, There have been over 150,000 successful file downloads from this forum.

Rich
inspire.. create.. learn.. teach.. help someone today... Subscribe to my YouTube Channel, The Louisiana Hobby Guy!
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME OR EMAIL THE ADMIN! THIS FORUM WAS DESIGNED TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS!
➡️ New Here? Main Forums --> Start Here --> Everyone Please Read
LeatherAndLaze
Jr Member
Jr Member
Reactions:

Post by LeatherAndLaze »

uwasagadoga wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 4:53 pm Of course I read you instructions. the problem, which you missed, is that the download must open in Safari before I can put it in the file folders you recommended so that Lightburn could ask for them. Do you know of an app that will open your library in safari?
You don't have to 'open' the file, just download it to a place you can find it easily. Think desktop. Then place it in a folder that will contain all your library art files or direct your download directly to that folder. Navigate to that folder with the load button in the lightburn library art tab. Once you figure it out its easy peasy!

Edit.... I see the issue. Safari downloads as a .php file. It changes the extension for some reason. I would suggest using another browser! I just installed Safari for windows to check and it doesn't work as it should with changing the file extension to the .php extension. Pretty odd. I googled for a fix but didn't find any. It does work if you change the downloaded file extension from file.php to file.lbart. Of course you could call it anyname.lbart. Should work ok then for you but what a hassle! I did that and it works with the lightburn art library just fine. It's a Safari issue, and that's not the only issue with Safari. Old patched up code that's way too buggy.
Try Chrome, Firefox or Opera.
Now....... about that mouse pad issue........
50W China blue
Ender 6
CompTIA certified
Website design and hosting
Leather crafting
www.leatherandlaze.com
JackW
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by JackW »

MeMine wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:59 pm Hi I have read the instructions made the folder put in it Art materials &templates downloaded the file Animals.lbart put it in the lightburn folder in the Art folder but when I try to load it in lightburn it can not find it but when I look for it is in the right folder now in the lightburn there is just above the open it says LightBurn cut Libranes(*clb) and I have tried to put in the file name but it will not let me change it also
I see people saying to right click and save as but save as what
OK. I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. If you are just seeing *clb you are trying to load in the cut library. I had the same problem for about two days. Go to Window at the top in Lightburn. Be sure that there is a check mark by "art library". Now you can open the files in Lightburn but be sure you are opening them in "art library" not "library". Hope this helps some of you.
JH007
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by JH007 »

Bakaysza wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:13 pm I was having difficulty loading Rich's Art Files, then I discovered my error. I was trying to load the files from the Library Load screen, which is on the right of my display set-up. If you go to Window and select Art Library, a screen will appear and you can load from there! It worked for me....I hope this helps?

Andy
Yeah it worked that way. I really appreciate this forum and Rich. Thanks it worked
Osoluis
Jr Member
Jr Member
Reactions:

Post by Osoluis »

Hello, Rich I how you are doing excellent , I have a question, I downloaded your files and thank you for that, and it was working very good until I update the Lightburn to LightBurn 1.2.01and now I can open your files, can you guide me what happen? sincerely Jose
LAHobbyGuy
Laser Yoda
Laser Yoda
Reactions:

Post by LAHobbyGuy »

Watch the video on the download page. A Lightburn update does not change any files.
inspire.. create.. learn.. teach.. help someone today... Subscribe to my YouTube Channel, The Louisiana Hobby Guy!
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME OR EMAIL THE ADMIN! THIS FORUM WAS DESIGNED TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS!
ChrisDixonStudios
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by ChrisDixonStudios »

Try Mailwasher Pro to filter emails from multi accounts. It saves me 15 minuets a day.. Do you know that is 2 weeks a year of work time?!
Will try some files later to learn settings and such as I begin learning laser arts and cutting.
Chris Just starting Laserarts. Got first machine this week WAINLUX JL3 D.O.A thinking of getting SCULPFUN S9 90W next week..
LAHobbyGuy
Laser Yoda
Laser Yoda
Reactions:

Post by LAHobbyGuy »

ChrisDixonStudios wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:39 am Try Mailwasher Pro to filter emails from multi accounts. It saves me 15 minuets a day.. Do you know that is 2 weeks a year of work time?!
Will try some files later to learn settings and such as I begin learning laser arts and cutting.
I like the filters in Outlook. I have over a hundred folders and hundreds of filtering rules.

Rich
kgraybeal
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by kgraybeal »

Your directions are VERY clear and in the video as well! Thank you for all of your help. You are a great teacher and mentor.
kg
CarrieB
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by CarrieB »

Awesome Art library! Thank you!
Carrie, on an Ortur Laser Master 2 Pro S2, zero previous experience with laser engravers.
3-7 Day Fast Delivery to US from Banggood US Warehouse