LIGHTBURN CANNOT OPEN FILE! CORRECT!!

This forum is for forum software questions and introductions.
WoodEnough
Jr Member
Jr Member
Reactions:

Re: LIGHTBURN CANNOT OPEN FILE! CORRECT!!

Post by WoodEnough »

Hey Rich...wondering if you can help me. I can't get my mouse to move any further towards the top of my browser.

I have reached the edge of my mouse pad and can't go any further...what should I do? :lol:

Gotta love those PEBKAC's!
Name: Bob. I'm new-ish in the Laser world. 20 Watt FoxAlien Reizer / 80 Watt Omtech AF2435/ Openbuilds 1000mm WorkBee. I have roughly 3 yrs experience with CNC wood carving.
"Every machine is a smoke machine if you operate it wrong enough..."
LAHobbyGuy
Laser Yoda
Laser Yoda
Reactions:
Your Specific Hobby: Laser Engraver

Post by LAHobbyGuy »

WoodEnough wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:38 pm Hey Rich...wondering if you can help me. I can't get my mouse to move any further towards the top of my browser.
I have reached the edge of my mouse pad and can't go any further...what should I do? :lol:
Gotta love those PEBKAC's!
Yes, that's a sign that your mouse has outgrown the the mousepad. 🤪

Rich
inspire.. create.. learn.. teach.. help someone today... Subscribe to my YouTube Channel, The Louisiana Hobby Guy!
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME OR EMAIL THE ADMIN! THIS FORUM WAS DESIGNED TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS!
➡️ New Here? Main Forums --> Start Here --> Everyone Please Read
rosanne6277
Jr Member
Jr Member
Reactions:

Post by rosanne6277 »

Common sense is a beautiful flower that unfortunately doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

Rosanne
MeMine
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by MeMine »

Hi I have read the instructions made the folder put in it Art materials &templates downloaded the file Animals.lbart put it in the lightburn folder in the Art folder but when I try to load it in lightburn it can not find it but when I look for it is in the right folder now in the lightburn there is just above the open it says LightBurn cut Libranes(*clb) and I have tried to put in the file name but it will not let me change it also
I see people saying to right click and save as but save as what
LAHobbyGuy
Laser Yoda
Laser Yoda
Reactions:

Post by LAHobbyGuy »

You have to follow the directions! You cannot load CUT libraries from the ART library tab or vice versa. If you click load on the ART library tab, it will in fact load the art files.
inspire.. create.. learn.. teach.. help someone today... Subscribe to my YouTube Channel, The Louisiana Hobby Guy!
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME OR EMAIL THE ADMIN! THIS FORUM WAS DESIGNED TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS!
MEK
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by MEK »

I WONT TO USE
rebeccaj
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by rebeccaj »

LAHobbyGuy wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:59 am You have to follow the directions! You cannot load CUT libraries from the ART library tab or vice versa. If you click load on the ART library tab, it will in fact load the art files.

Followed the directions, I'm very tech saavy, it will not load any of the files, it's only allowing a load from a .clb* file. the import feature in the menu does allow the ability to import supported, and vector files from the options.

Is this a Lightburn has updated the version issue?

Suggestions?
LAHobbyGuy
Laser Yoda
Laser Yoda
Reactions:

Post by LAHobbyGuy »

rebeccaj wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:35 pm Followed the directions, I'm very tech saavy, it will not load any of the files, it's only allowing a load from a .clb* file. the import feature in the menu does allow the ability to import supported, and vector files from the options.
We all think that we're tech savvy, but we still have to follow directions specific to the software.
Lightburn doesn't have any issues with these files, it's all user and computer error if you can't load them.
The Art library tab can only load .lbart files
The Cut or library tab and only load .clb files
If you browse to the wrong directory, you will not be able to load any files.

Rich
rovino
Laser Master
Laser Master
Reactions:

Post by rovino »

LAHobbyGuy wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 2:03 pm
rebeccaj wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:35 pm Followed the directions, I'm very tech saavy, it will not load any of the files, it's only allowing a load from a .clb* file. the import feature in the menu does allow the ability to import supported, and vector files from the options.
We all think that we're tech savvy, but we still have to follow directions specific to the software.
Lightburn doesn't have any issues with these files, it's all user and computer error if you can't load them.
The Art library tab can only load .lbart files
The Cut or library tab and only load .clb files
If you browse to the wrong directory, you will not be able to load any files.

Rich
EXACTLY this. Art Library and Library tab are 2 different things. I double checked myself, because the files "weren't loading" can you guess why? cuz I had the wrong library tab open. You have to measure twice and cut once or whatever metaphor works for you here...
My name is Ronn. I use an xToolD1, 10W laser. started on May 13th 2022.
uwasagadoga
Noob
Noob
Reactions:

Post by uwasagadoga »

Of course I read you instructions. the problem, which you missed, is that the download must open in Safari before I can put it in the file folders you recommended so that Lightburn could ask for them. Do you know of an app that will open your library in safari?
3-7 Day Fast Delivery to US from Banggood US Warehouse