Welcome Hobbyists!

Welcome to the The Louisiana Hobby Guy Blog! This Blog style website is brought to you by me! Rich F, “The Louisiana Hobby Guy!” The purpose of this blog is to inform, inspire and motivate hobbyists in the Maker, gadget and woodworking communities of enthusiasts who create things that inspire others to imagine.

Sure, most people hang out in the groups on Facebook, but who really likes the fact that your posts, your advise, and your beautiful work just gets lost in the clutter of a one topic group, and then fades away giving way to the most recent questions? I find the people on Facebook to be anti-social at best, and downright mean at worst.

Here, your comments are relevant! I will answer them all, and they will be attached to the topic forever!

So welcome aboard! Invite your friends and other hobbyists! Come and grow with me! I am not here to mine your data and track your Internet habits to sell you targeted advertising!

I’m here to teach, learn, inspire, create, share and enjoy the ride! I look forward to this with all of you!

Rich F.
The Louisiana Hobby Guy

39 thoughts on “Welcome Hobbyists!

1. Thank you so much for sharing your expertise. Your videos are great and easy to follow. Really like that you don’t use background music!

2. I super appreciate your videos ! You’ve been a big help with my new laser adventure . I hope your channel and site here continues to grow with followers.. I keep sharing your videos to help more newbies like myself 😁

3. I am just getting started with light burn. Been using laser grbl but you cant do as much with it in the program itself. Your tutoruals will be a great help again i thank you and hope you enjoy the coffee.
    What part of Louisianna are you in? I am from leesville.

4. Rich, thanks for all the great educational work that you do. I sent you $10 last week and I’m sending an additional $40 this week. Your “Engraving Educational Package” is easily worth $50. You don’t know it, but you’ve been my “treadmill buddy” for the last several weeks. Every morning I tune in to a new LA Hobby Guy YouTube while I walk a couple of miles. I really like your laid back approach, not fancy, not quick, take your time to get the point across.

I have two questions. First, a really basic (probably dumb) question. What is the desired result for engraving? In other words, are we trying to leave just a solid burn mark on the surface without abrading the surface, or are we trying to burn into the wood to some depth? Does it differ for line vs fill?

Second, today I watched your engraving wooden kitchen utensils video. You engraved the concave part of the spoon, which I imagine is 2-4 mm deep or more, but you didn’t make any kind of adjustments. Did it burn cleanly even with the varying depth?

Thanks again for all you help.

5. Rich, I’ve tried for a week to join your forums but I cannot get a confirmation email from you. My son (IT Tech) says your 2-step authentication process isn’t working.

6. Hey there!! Thank you for all you do! I’ve found your videos very helpful. If I have a direct question for advice, what’s the best way to reach you?

7. We are new here, and have sent you at least one large coffee. A reply would’ve been nice but we understand that you receive many emails from others. I know that we’re across the pond so that may affect things too. Is there a way that you can answer our previous mail/post?

8. Good Evening, I have really enjoyed watching your videos. I find them very informative. Although you are new to this, I get more useful info from all your post than any of the ones I have been watching the past year.

9. Still waiting delivery of my laser, so started watching your videos to try and get ahead of the curve, really enjoyed what I’ve seen so far, so thank you

10. My laser is due to be delivered tomorrow. I singed up and I signed up via PayPal for a monthly donation. I can tell you put a great deal of work into this and I appreciate ya!

11. HI –

This is GREAT! I am just starting out, received a Master Laser 3 for Christmas and I have ZERO idea of where to begin. Looking forward to watching, listening and learning. Thank you for sharing.

12. thanks for the invite, i am working with my 3018 with a 2.5 watt laser. so far I have been able to do some ingraving and some laser work, mostly lasering paint off of plastic to produce a frameable wedding plack. i hope to be able to produce
    some saleable items an start a part time business. I am 72 and retired and work with a limited budget. I use lightburn , gsender and inkscape along with freecad.

13. I have been trying to login. 12 times..
    Re registered. Same answer. I have exceeded the number of attempted logins. Hope this is the right place for a question like this. I am new but you explanations are the best

14. Just joined after hearing so much about the “Louisana Hobby Guy”. Love your videos so I plan on binge watching.
    Just entered the realm of laser engraving. So I’m like a sponge wanting to learn everything. I recently purchased a iwecolor 5w laser.
    I do have some concerns, however, I’m hoping to find the answers in your video. If not, you’ll be hearing from me!

15. thanks to you I am really getting good at this. I have the Laser Master 2, 5.5 watt but its a great beginning.

16. Hello, Neat post. There is a problem along with your website in internet
    explorer, might test this? IE still is the marketplace leader and a large
    component of people will miss your wonderful writing because
    of this problem.

17. When confronted with the requirement for SR22 insurance, it is essential to
    find the right insurance firm. SR22 insurance is a form filed through your insurance policy
    firm. This need commonly adheres to significant traffic transgressions.
    Remain educated and maintain your SR22 insurance existing to steer
    clear of lawful complications.

18. Excellent goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you are just too magnificent.
    I really like what you have acquired here, really like what
    you’re saying and the way in which you say it.
    You make it entertaining and you still take care of to keep
    it smart. I can not wait to read much more from you.
    This is really a great site.

19. Elevate Your Digital Presence with Digitaleer in Phoenix

**Empowering Your Online Success in Phoenix**

When it comes to navigating the digital landscape in Phoenix,
    Digitaleer stands out as a premier digital marketing agency.
    Situated at 310 S 4th St #652, Phoenix, Arizona 85004, our team offers a comprehensive suite of online marketing services tailored to meet the unique needs of businesses in neighborhoods like Adobe Highlands and
    Arizona Hillcrest. From SEO optimization to social media management,
    we specialize in enhancing your digital presence
    and driving measurable results.

**Exploring the Vibrant City of Phoenix**

Phoenix, founded in 1867, is a thriving metropolis nestled in the heart of the Sonoran Desert.
    With a population of 1.625 million and over 591,169 households, it’s one of the fastest-growing cities in the United
    States. Interstate 10, a major highway that spans the country,
    serves as a vital artery connecting Phoenix to neighboring cities and states.

**Cost of Digital Solutions and Climate in Phoenix**

Digital solutions in Phoenix can vary depending on the scope and complexity of the project.
    On average, businesses may invest anywhere from $1,000 to $10,
    000 or more for comprehensive digital marketing services.

As for the climate, Phoenix experiences a hot desert
    climate with scorching summers reaching highs of 110°F (43°C) and
    mild winters with temperatures averaging around 60°F (16°C).

**Discovering Phoenix’s Top Points of Interest**

Explore these must-visit attractions in Phoenix:

– **Arizona Boardwalk:** An entertainment district featuring
    restaurants, shops, and attractions like the OdySea Aquarium.

– **Arizona Capitol Museum:** Learn about Arizona’s rich history and political heritage at this captivating
    museum.
    – **Arizona Falls:** A scenic waterfall and hydroelectric
    plant nestled in the heart of the city.
    – **Arizona Science Center:** A hands-on science museum with interactive
    exhibits and educational programs for all ages.
    – **Butterfly Wonderland:** Immerse yourself in the enchanting world of butterflies
    at North America’s largest butterfly conservatory.

**Why Choose Digitaleer for Your Digital Marketing Needs**

Choosing Digitaleer means partnering with a trusted ally dedicated to your
    online success. With our expertise in SEO optimization, web
    development, and digital advertising, we help businesses in Phoenix stand out in a competitive digital landscape.
    Whether you’re looking to increase brand visibility, drive website traffic,
    or boost conversions, Digitaleer delivers tailored solutions that drive real results and help you achieve your
    business goals.

20. Hey there! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a
    group of volunteers and starting a new project in a community in the same niche.
    Your blog provided us useful information to work
    on. You have done a extraordinary job!

21. Hello there! I know this is kinda off topic however ,
    I’d figured I’d ask. Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest writing a blog post or vice-versa?
    My blog discusses a lot of the same subjects as yours
    and I believe we could greatly benefit from each other. If you happen to be interested feel free to shoot me an email.

I look forward to hearing from you! Excellent blog by the way!

22. Managing your auto insurance coverage in Cicero,
    Illinois entails staying updated concerning your protection needs to have, recognizing exactly how
    improvements in your lifestyle and also driving behaviors can influence your rates,
    and definitely finding the most effective protection options and also discount rates available.
    Normal communication with your insurance policy carrier as well as regular testimonials of your plan can aid you keep superior auto insurance policy coverage in Cicero, Illinois.
    Don’t forget, the best auto insurance coverage plan is not almost the cost, yet additionally concerning the
    tranquility of mind and also defense it provides.

Leave a Reply to warren king Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *